?Open? Fish-In, Beauchamp Court, River Severn.

Reaction score
I really enjoyed the day, great meeting up with old friends and meeting some new ones.

I'd like to say a big thanks to Mike Osbourne for fitting us all in when space was already tight, and making us feel very welcome. Cheers mate!

It's a lovely stretch and one of the best-maintained I have ever seen on the Severn. Shame it wasn't fishing too well but that's Sabrina for you; she is a fickle mistress. I managed a modest eel in the end!

Sorry you couldn't make it Fred, I'll be sorting the FM Severn fish-in some time soon so perhaps we'll see you there.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Despite the lack of fish (or even a nudge on the tip) I enjoyed the day. Thank you to the BS for their welcome, I enjoyed chats with the various luminaries (who seemed quite human!) /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

The raffle prize has given me yet more pellets to chuck into the river!

As Mike has mentioned, we made a long weekend of it, fishing upstream around Worcester on Friday and Saturday. Friday was the best day for most of us, I managed 3 barbel topped by a brace of 9's - great fishing. I've had more barbel from the Severn this season in two trips than all my visits to the Dorset Stour put together!

The weather/conditions definately turned for the worse on Friday night and Saturday but even the BS cant control that!

Once again, thanks for the excellent hospitality.