Ossmere

A

Andy Sparks

Can any member shed light on the Carp population?
I'm determined to have a serious go at it this year.
I've heard lots of stories/rumours. Would anyone care to confirm/deny.
Feel free to email in private if you wish.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Andy, this Prince Albert water, Osmere, used to be one of the premier big bream waters of the 60's, 70's and 80's. Until it was stocked with carp.

I did hear it was producing some 20lb plus fish and odd rumours of 30's, but I haven't heard much for a while, which means of course that the fish are getting bigger.

S

Stewart Bloor

Andy, I'm intending to give the venue a shot this year, so if you can find it in your heart to share any info you get (good or otherwise) it would be appreciated....it might actually stop me blanking...

A

Andy Sparks

Stewart
I would be glad to oblige. At present my information is all second hand. I have heard of sightings of some very impressive fish (mid-thirties) from a VERY reliable angler who has fed fish from a tree at very close range.
I have not even seen the water yet! But, I intend to visit the water a lot through the close. I'll keep in touch.
Andy

M

Marker

whilst browsing through some old postings,i found this one.....so can i ask how you both got on at os?
cheers mark.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
<a href=http://www.fishingmagic.com/news/article.asp?SP=&v=1&UAN=1352>Pilgrim's Progress'</A>

M

Marker

thanks graham....obviously not the easiest of waters is it!? i saw a small snippet in the back of hl&s,which mentioned a good bream catch,but still no mention of those elusive carp.
cheers mark.

S

Stewart Bloor

Hi Mark, I fished the mere only once, and blanked, but I do intend to have a go next year.

I didn't see any fish movement at all, apart from very small fish.

It's a nice looking water, but I do feel its natural beauty has been tarnished somewhat by the addition of fishing platforms.

M

Marker

hi stewart...i've not yet seen the water myself,i'll have a walk around the place next spring though thats for sure,its not the bream that are interesting me though,its the carp.although it sounds like there might not be many of them in there!.
cheers mark.

Dave123

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any recent updates on the lake ossmere in these recent years

mikench

Reaction score
Are you a PAAS member . If you are ask David Hindle for an update or the details for a member who bailiffs that water. It’s too far for me!

Dave123

Reaction score
Are you a PAAS member . If you are ask David Hindle for an update or the details for a member who bailiffs that water. It’s too far for me!
No I’m not a member but I had a walk past the lake the orther day and if the lake is not to difficult I will probably get a membership because it’s quiet local to me

mikench

Reaction score
In Devon? I believe the current waiting list period is 3 years so get your name down quick.

Dave123

Reaction score
In Devon? I believe the current waiting list period is 3 years so get your name down quick.
Is oss mere In devon? The ossmere I found is near Whitchurch and has price Albert sighns and this was the only thing I could find on the mere but I don’t know if we are talking about the same one. I am also an intermediate member ship witch I believe there is no waiting list for.

mikench

Reaction score
Your location on this forum states you are in Devon. Are you under 18? OSS Mere is near Whitchurch certainly.

Dave123

Reaction score
Your location on this forum states you are in Devon. Are you under 18? OSS Mere is near Whitchurch certainly.
Yea I’m under 18 but I do not live in Devon I thought this sight was a bit unsafe but I do live near witchurch.

Dave123

Reaction score
What gave you the impression that this site might be ‘unsafe’?
I just was looking for information on OSs mere and this is what I could find and I just wanted to get some information on the lake without telling the site everything about cause it’s a random sight I found and I’m sure it’s safe but I’m just behing cautious

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I’ve moderated here for over 20 years and can assure you we have never had any problems around security.

I hope you decide to take an active part in FM.