Particles

S

Stewart Bloor

In regards to flavouring particles, what guidelines do you all follow. For example, when we make boilies, we have a set mm/mix that we follow, and which should be stuck to quite rigidly, so as not to over/under flavour the bait.
But what about particles? How much flavour should be put in the water, what is the most effective ratio ie how much flavour to how much water. (I'm thinking of the usual concentrated boilie flavourings).

C

Carp Angler

I never go above a maximum of 5mm per dry kilo of particle with regards to artificial flavourings.

With things like molasses and honey, then I've haven't found an upper limit.

S

Stewart Bloor

What about the amount of water you use, say per kilo? Surely that would have an effect upon the flavour, by diluting it or otherwise?

S

Stewart Bloor

What about the amount of water you use, say per kilo? Surely that would have an effect upon the flavour, by diluting it or otherwise?

C

Carp Angler

No need to go on Sedge........

Yes, the amount of water will dilute the flavour, but the amount used is enough to soak and boil the bait in, if that makes sense.

You wouldn't soak a pint of hemp in a gallon of water and you wouldn't soak a gallon of hemp in a pint of water.

I always use just enough water, but making sure that there is enough.

A

Andy Thatcher

Stewart I usually make certain that I have around 2" of water covering the particles unless using a pressure cooker.

As regards flavourings if intend to use particles as a food bait and introducing a bit try flavouring at a reduced rate say 2-3ml. I have found this has worked for me on waters that see a bit of pressure.