PaSC fishin Dam Flask

Morespiders

Reaction score
Hold on a minute!!!

Spiders seems to be trying to cause confusion by recruiting people for a Boddington fish-in via a Dam Flask fish-in thread. Clearly having yet another senior moment (usually at least 10 and hour these days). The last time he was trusted to set a date everyone one ended up out of pocket.

And while we're on the subject. How many are going to Boddington? How many have paid up their PaSC membership this year?
Say nothing, having to pay the subs will put a lot off, I’ll drop it on them on the day

mikench

Reaction score
I get your drift. It sounds a fun day. Not having fished a reservoir since I was 11 and planning on catching roach, what length rod would you recommend Jerry? It might not get much use but I might as well take an appropriate one.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Mike, I rarely fish stills and have not fished one this season. I can't speak for others but I intend to use a 14' Accy Ultra although a 13' rod would suffice - you don't have to fish at any distance....

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
One thing I’ll add to that is - there’s often a tow on the water so bring slightly heavier wagglers than usual. 4-5 BB if it’s windy too.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Mike has expressed concern over his wagglers for Boddy. It really depends on the weather conditions. Being quite high up it can be windy, this causes tow. If it’s a still day a light waggler would be fine. If it’s towing, a heavier float 3 to 5gr parallel tip ( more buoyant) float is probably more suitable. These can be bulk shotted making them less likely to be dragged along too fast in the tow. Setting them up as a sliding float would also help as striking with a bow in the line and a heavier float would be less effective.
Of course one could use a stick float if it was really bad, or just Chuck out a maggot feeder....
I will lend you a float if needs be, at least I can rest assured you won’t be able to Chuck it up a tree...