PaSC fishin Dam Flask

john step

Reaction score
Thanks John, looks like a couple of rods and whip then. Are the steps suitable for a seatbox and footplate ?

Not the most spacious of flat spaces but I fished last year with a basic seat box, no footplate. I dont think there would have been room. PC will remember better .I actually had the legs of the box at a low level and used the next concrete step down as a footrest.

I too was anxious as a new venue. Shouldn't have worried. Although its a huge expanse of water it fished just like any other waggler fishing place.
Kept simple and everyone caught.
I remember Skippy holding out and catching carp but most people just chucked out a waggler and catapulted maggot for plenty of bites.
Lets hope it fishes as well this year and wen dont get a national lockdown this coming week!

Steve King

Reaction score
Is that on a just in case basis Steve? I doubt I will fish 2 rods at the same time so shall decide on the day if it shall be the float or feeder. I always stress about Tackle for a new venue where it's not about trees and bushes and tight swims.

As I don’t know the venue, I think my choice of gear should cover most eventualities (hopefully!!! ?)

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Is that on a just in case basis Steve? I doubt I will fish 2 rods at the same time so shall decide on the day if it shall be the float or feeder. I always stress about Tackle for a new venue where it's not about trees and bushes and tight swims.
Mike,as Steve says it covers eventualities. Set 2 float up , and either 2 feeders or one feeder rod with something like a PI ICS system on it, change from ,method, to bomb ,to maggot feeders in seconds, the only thing you cant change is tip strength,

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Not the most spacious of flat spaces but I fished last year with a basic seat box, no footplate. I dont think there would have been room. PC will remember better .I actually had the legs of the box at a low level and used the next concrete step down as a footrest.

I too was anxious as a new venue. Shouldn't have worried. Although its a huge expanse of water it fished just like any other waggler fishing place.
I remember Skippy holding out and catching carp but most people just chucked out a waggler and catapulted maggot for plenty of bites.
Lets hope it fishes as well this year and wen dont get a national lockdown this coming week!
Will take box with footplate, can remove it in minutes if need to.
Is it possible to use space shuttle to barrow gear from car to peg ,?

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
its a huge expanse of water it fished just like any other waggler fishing place.

[/QUOTE]

Best advice above.

mikench

Reaction score
Is it feasible to have box on one level and the feet of a footplate on the deck of the next level down so the footplate extends over the lower level. Where do you fix a brolly assuming one is needed?

barbelboi

Reaction score
Hopefully a brolly will not be needed as the forecast is now 15C and dry............ :)

PS The last time I used a brolly was the last fish'in here a year ago..................never take one on the rivers

theartist

Reaction score
Hope this helps chaps...

Took the missus shopping at Banbury today so naturally snuck along to Bod for a walk whilst up there ;)

Safe parking with portaloo, I'd give it a week though as the missus went in there :D

There was a match on, around 30 pegs at least, two rods were used by some

Everyone was on the tip as it was too choppy for float, also drizzly but place looked nice, imagine it looks great on a dry day (y)

Was quite a tow as was blowing quite well aside from the far right which was calmer

Had great colour unlike the Oxford canal in town which was chocolate and the River Cherwell which was chocking through, pi55ing down here still and more rain forecast so unlikely to change (ps Simon if your mate is going up the Cherwell best get him to check water levels)

Saw a couple of carp landed and a skimmer, no one seemed to be after the roach today

Water was well up - I don't know the place but it was about 5 steps (including a flat bit platform bit) from the top which I'm assuming is higher than last time, not sure how deep those steps go down?

You could use pole I think but shipping would be slightly up and over but right across the path, although you could almost sit up top and fish.