pellet pump

rash60

Reaction score
hello,ive got loads of dry pellets and thought about getting a pellet pump,might be a daft question but how do they work and are they worth it ? the fishery i go to only let you use there own mix of dry pellet wich float.

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
pellet pumps - half fill with pellets and cover with wateror flavoured liquid and the pumpaction forces waterin to the pellets and air out so floating pellets sink

It's a good way to do this - the other way is to soak pellets in water until they sink

Pellets pumps do the job in about a minutes - keeps goign until all the pellets sink -some will not first time -

And yet they do work

rash60

Reaction score
thanks lord paul sir,looks like getting one then.any you recomend ?

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
Pellet pumps are a good accessory, you can flavour pellets when pumping them too, they also work on dog biscuits too. If the pellets you have are floaters and you want them to remain floaters then don't pump them, the air in them is replaced by water and they will sink.

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
Mine are the ones from Amazon, the Vacuvin food saver version, I did a review on the old site but only Graham's one has been transferred.

rash60

Reaction score
great stuff guys,got a browning one and it works great.thankyou for your help.;)

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
Darren, try adding some jelly crystals to the water and leave the pellets to 'set'. Any flavour you wish to experiment with :)

metta

Reaction score
I got a pellet pump last summer a good investment imo. They work very well on anything I have had alsorts on my pole from small silver fish to Carp and tench. Can be so supprising what you can get on them.