pesky roach!!!

C

Coops

You can also try feeding the small roach off to a different area. Keep feeding liquidised bread 6 - 8 ft to the side of your target area. This often pulls all the small fish away and lets you get your hookbait to the bottom on your main line.

Renato Ciler

Reaction score
try combining 2 worms with one caster. It works miracles... it attracts big roach and rud, whilst smaller fish just can't eat it up. If you insist using the bread, use the bread that la sirenne packs.. it is much tougher than ordinary bread, and lasts longer on the hook

N

Neil Laing

Hello Jason,
you asked for advise from experts which I am not so ignore my comments if you wish.
I've just found a lake where bread flake work like dynamite - caught roach and golden rudd to well over a pound and hardly any small stuff. Also caught tench and a 7lb common. I can see why you are reluctant to change baits if the decent fish favour it. Could you toughen up the bread in some way. Suggestion - try freezing and re-freezing, or wrap the crust end of loaf in wet cloth and press between weighted boards over-night. Have you tried artificial bread?
Good luck - I have big plans for bread this summer.
Neil.

Jason Lennon 1

Reaction score
No problem lads - I am quite happy to do a bit of roach bashing now. When I go to that pond now, I just fish for whatever takes the bait!

I've had some good days on the pond and it's sure to get better, as someone has illegally stocked some perch & common carp into the pond.
The council(who own the pond as part of their nature reserve), know about this but aren't gonna remove them as I have managed to persuade them to leave them in there. Why?? Because before the poachers from Aycliffe pond stole the fish from our pond, there was perch & carp present in the pond - therefore they are indigenous.
Also as there is a problem with an overpopulation of roach, causing growth stunting, the perch will help to keep roach numbers down.

see ya later lads!!!