Pet Loves, what's yours?

A

Andrew Webber

Seeing a large pike following a surface lure, even better if it takes it!

A

andrew jackson

Sitting by my rods in the dark, on a balmy summers night, my coleman stove and brew gear to my left, my baccy tin and lighter to my right. Seeing the rod tip pull round a split second before my alarm sounds. Float fishing for Tench with a tiny crow quill, and seeing those tiny pin head bubbles errupting all over my baited area.

G

GYPSY DAVE

Just being able to fish and the million things that enables you to experience.Priceless.

P

Peter Waller

Gypsey Dave is pretty much spot on but the posting that brings it all into real perspective is the one about June the 15th, 59 minutes past eleven, magic, thanks for that one.

R

Richard Barrell

Being able to spend time doing the thing I
love,sitting watching & waiting for my float to go under. While having not to have to listen to the neighbourhood kids, screaming and shouting at each other

M

Mike Parker

It only happens in the summer (not suprisingly) Nanny and Grandad buy a cheap rod and take the little rugrat fishing for the day; but to see the smiles and excitment on the faces of kids when the catch a fish is MAGIC!

S

Steve Richards

Sitting watching the wild life. It never ceases to amaze me how brave Robins and Wrens can be, when there is a few maggots around. I've heard scratching and turned round to see a robin sat on my bait waiter, not 6 inches from my elbow helping himself. Also seeing someone get thrown off a water by the bailiff for not having a license, has a certain 'warpped' satisfaction!

K

Kevan Farmer

I can go with that Steve. Add to it the magic of having a kingfisher sit on the end of your barbel rod, it's the only time you don't want a bite.

I also love the first cast with a newly made float - I love to make my own - watchng it settle then catching on it. Somehow it is so psecial that I've caught on something I've made myself.

Kevan

W

Wilson Marshall

I watched a bird of prey(don,t know what kind)chase several racing pidgeons,it lasted at least 5 minutes and a more amazing site i have never seen,it attempted to catch one of the birds no more than than 2o feet away from me,absolutely amazing,fishing didn,t matter any more..