Pike fishing

PopingPopper

Reaction score
Hello im new in Weston Super Mare. I would like to catch some pikes and perch, but have no idea where the best places are. So far i just found the Huntspill river but it seems pike depends on watwr lever there. Could you guys drop some postcodes from pike fishings arround WSM and bristol? THANKS

Last edited:

David Gane

Reaction score
If you've never fished for pike before I very strongly suggest that you don't initially go fishing for them alone. To be fair to the fish you first need to learn how to handle and unhook them.

You would be much better advised to look for someone experienced to take you with them. They can not only give you an idea of where to go, but also how to handle them, what equipment you need and how to unhook them safely.

john step

Reaction score
Ditto to that. Also look up the PIKE ANGLERS CLUB website. They have a very good section on fish handling.

I realise you ask for whereabouts of waters in good faith but you will not get any locations. Pike angling is popular and hotspots can be ruined by overfishing. Plenty of people will be watching this site and waiting to plunder!!

You must do your own research through the efforts of fishing. When you find a good spot keep it to yourself.

rubio

Reaction score
I can think of no better way to go after pike than with a whip and half pint of flouro pinkies. Once you've started catching get the pike rod ready at hand. won't necessarily catch the biggest but usually results in some action.