Pike, Perch and Zander

john step

Reaction score
Welcome to FM. I am glad you love to fish.
May I be permitted to make a comment. Firstly there is a thread where new people introduce themselves first and then perhaps ask questions which are always very welcome of course.

To jump in straight away with an abrupt question may not be the best way to find what you are enquiring about particularly as predator fishing has become very popular and locations are not given away freely on the net to avoid locations being overfished.

Where Heaton Park is in the UK I have no idea but I can advise that the best way to find out about predator location is by effort and legwork.
When you find some good spots please be careful about broadcasting them or you will find them overrun with opportunists.

keora

Reaction score
John, you're right, it's better not to give details of fishing venues on a popular website like this.

Heaton Park is in North Manchester, I once visited it. There's a big lake there, perhaps that's the water the new forum member was referring to.

keora

Reaction score
If you live in the North West then aim to catch pike and perch. You will have to travel down to the Midlands to find waters containing zander.

mikench

Reaction score
Try the Leeds Liverpool canal up the road at Slattocks for pike and perch. There are no Zander oop north to my knowledge.

The bad one

Reaction score
Oh dear Mike you've lived in the posh part of Gt Manchester to long. Slattocks is not on the L&L its on the Rochdale Canal. The Rochdale is indeed good for Pike and Perch, the latter being a bit harder to find on it. You want the Zeds then the drains around Wisbech, Outwell, Welney East Anglia are the most consistent place to fish.

mikench

Reaction score
Guilty as charged Phil. I fished the Rochdale Canal from around 1963 to 1968 so quite a long time ago. I used to fish opposite Whip & Bourne( I think) and occasionally at the top of Trowes Lane Castleton with a friend of my Dads. It's Cheshire by the way not GM. :rolleyes: For some reason I thought the Rochdale canal was just a stretch of the LL.