places to beach fish in cheshire

greenie62

Reaction score
beach fish in cheshire?

Technically - NO! However when I was brought up there was! - since The Wirral peninsular WAS in Cheshire prior to 1974.
If you are including the Wirral then you have beach fishing from Fort Perch Rock - being the top mark - or along the prom from Secombe through New Brighton to Harrison Drive.
Alternatively - you could try the mouth of the Dee at Thurstaston Beach.
There are other local sites that give you up to date catch reports - but it may not be politic to advertise them here.

MIND the TIDES if fishing from the beaches in those areas!
:thumbs:

declanhulme1113

Reaction score
thanks will have a look into it

---------- Post added at 14:45 ---------- Previous post was at 14:25 ----------

do you think that there will be anyone willing enough to meet up with us and show us the ropes. got no kit at then moment, looking at starting..

greenie62

Reaction score
Having moved away from the area I don't shore fish around there any more, but if you can get yourself to New Brighton (the station is only 10 mins from the prom) and have a stroll down the prom at the weekend within a couple of hours of high tide - I'm sure you'll find some anglers who will be up for a chat and give you the local info.
I've PMed you with some further info that might help.
Tight lines. :thumbs:

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
I'm not a sea angler but grew up in the area and can tell you Harrison Drive would be a good choice as fishing over the sea wall was always popular with flatfish, bass, eels and the the odd mackerel in summer.

Large areas go drastically underfished, especially between Harrison Drive and Moreton. The section of beach opposite Leasowe Golf Club looks absolutely mint and I would think would be good for a few fish.

There is, I believe, some decent fishing in the Dee Estuary around Hoylake and West Kirby too - both easily accessible via the local train service.

Hope it helps :)