plans for the new season

B

Birds Nest

MMM Another blank on the dove.. 3 in a row. Can help thinking the fog that dropped in about 3 mins didnt help!! What you got planned for the new season ?? Will you all be fishing during the closed season ??? For me its gotta be a big tench this year.. Anyone know what the Sywell Situation is ???

R

Ryan Turner

Big tench... I couldn't agree more! There's been a ten pound tinca swimming about in my mind for ages now.
Sywell seems the obvious choice, but I just don't fancy fighting over pegs with other tench mad anglers, and being up north makes buying a season ticket a bit extravagant for me. I believe they've stopped day tickets and opened up for night fishing (last weeks A.T.)

Tench time is nigh!
Roll on summer!

J

John Tait

I really do have to try to learn how to fish the rivers properly

Jonty

C

Chris Bishop

Move around more. I spent too much time sitting in one place last year and paid the price for it.

I want to master lure fishing. I've made a half-hearted start and caught a few fish but I've got a long way to go with it.

I also want to catch some bass - I live next to a beach and never fish it.

R

Ryan Turner

Lure fishing....mmm.

I have never caught a fish on a lure in this country. Ive had about half a dozen sessions on Rochdale canal and a couple of go's on a big local res.
I have caught a few on lures in Norway though.

K

Keith Banks

S

Sywell is running a night syndicate this year.
But why not stay closer to home, for instance Melbourne Hall lovely place with some very big tincas (not so big as sywell)
Or the Derwent, the first couple of weeks of the season can be unbelievable, such as large, bream, chub, barbel, and even tench, but the best method is spinning with say a ondex bar spoon for super perch.

Give it a try.

Keith

D

David Wass

Summer on the Dove for Barbel and Chub with a few trips to the Teme thrown in. Then there is annual trip to Ireland for hopefully Bream and Roach plus copious amounts of pop!!

B

Birds Nest

Thanks Keith, I was gonna ask you about local places for tench. The big attraction of Sywell for me is that my family all live in Northampton, so I can get a few Brownie points in by poping round for sunday dinner afer a night down there... Thanks for the info mate, I'll check the venues out..

J

john conway

During the close season I’ll be doing a lot of walking on the banks of the River Lune to find out where the big Bream go and what else is moving about. Also I need to get a grip on canal fishing. The Lancaster Canal in it’s northern regions is very beautiful but difficult to fish. For the fist time in my life I’m going to have a go at match fishing and a little bit of sea fishing. Come the new season it’s back to the big River Lune Bream and Tench on the Lancaster canal with the odd trip to the beautiful “Littledale Fishery” and may be a 20lb carp. Finally as my brother-in-law lives in Potter Heigham a visit to the Broads is on the cards

G

Goose Ganderton

Come the end of the season I will be on a couple of lakes after Roach and Perch then as the warm spring sunshine arrives it on to the Tench and Bream. There's a lake that I fish where according to one of the baliffs the Bream which are said to go to 17Ib can only be caught after they have spawned, and I want one.

C

Carp Angler

I'll join you for some of those bream mate ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

A

Andy Davis

I'm going to start after carp on the canal, then see what happens ;-)

C

Carp Angler

I've told you where to catch them, I'm not going to have to come and show you aswell am I Andy?
:)