Plea For Help!

John Aston

Reaction score
This thread sounds like a self righteous brothers tribute act, and all because Famous Angler didn't reply to a few comments on a minor medical problem . The fact that JB is a regular poster of thought provoking , well crafted and detailed pieces makes up for his silence on this , I 'd suggest .

mikench

Reaction score
Your suggestion is unbefitting and i denounce it . as such . If the famous angler you seem to he in awe of holds us mere mortals as unworthy of a reply ,even a simple word of thanks, then this says more about him than us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Dont ask a question,if you cant spare a thought,probably has not read the answers,so why 'plea'???

nottskev

Reaction score
T all because Famous Angler didn't reply to a few comments on a minor medical problem .

But he didn't have "a minor medical problem". He was suffering "a tsunami of excruciating pain "! So bad, he was struggling to yomp miles of riverbank a day. (Perhaps he'd forgotten he's writing for as battered and worn a bunch of ageing anglers as you'll find, often talking about the problem of getting to a peg with our gear.)

And having wrung pity from our old hearts, he made a plea "Anyone who can come up with a fail-safe answer will earn my undying gratitude!"
I'd settle for a quick reply.

Reaction score
The flowery language doesnt add to my interest....thats for sure...

Reaction score
I dont seem to be able to ignore a guest who can write sadly...

Kirsty Hewitt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, we post articles on John’s behalf as by his own admission he is not very tech-savvy and the forum software is a bit much. He does look at responses but doesnt always manage to reply…I will make sure he sees this thread though as you have all been very helpful!

John Aston

Reaction score
I'm certainly not 'in awe' of JB l, nor any other living angler come to that , I often profoundly disagree with him , but I do enjoy reading his stuff, even if the scoundrel doesn't always respond . Is there a similar wailing and gnashing of teeth when AN Other doesn't reply to comments ?

Reaction score
I think if you follow threads asking for any info or help the OP thanks individual replies or everyone who replied as a mark of what really is good manners. As for being tech-savvy,blimey,you are reading posts from the worlds biggest technophobe,shock horror,lol.

mikench

Reaction score
As do I. If his post had not been entitled a " plea for help" and if the references to night leg cramps were merely peripheral or obiter dictum, then no responses would have even been made meriting an acknowledgment. It's perfectly reasonable and appropriate that if you seek advice and get it that one says thanks.

nottskev

Reaction score
I'm certainly not 'in awe' of JB l, nor any other living angler come to that , I often profoundly disagree with him , but I do enjoy reading his stuff, even if the scoundrel doesn't always respond . Is there a similar wailing and gnashing of teeth when AN Other doesn't reply to comments ?

Here's my original post:

When the answers to a poster's request for help run to 22 posts, you'd think the poster might acknowledge the respondents' willingness to chip in. Just saying.

I'm surprised anyone would call this self-righteous "wailing and gnashing of teeth". That seems quite out of proportion to me.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, indeed there was . . . . take a look at the many comments following Rod Study's articles . . well, they more like sermons than articles . . . and he never replied to any comments.

The thing is Grayson that we no longer have an Editor, per se, so articles are published more or less the way they were offered so little (annoying?) things do get through . . . So when picked up by a menber here surely deseves a reply . . . .

Last edited:

rayner

Reaction score
Regarding Bailey's articles, I do read them. I think I shall now abstain. A bit of input is not compulsory but would be nice.
Did I pick anything up from his efforts, no! I did enjoy his style. I think now I'll stick to forum members posts.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Regarding Bailey's articles, I do read them. I think I shall now abstain. A bit of input is not compulsory but would be nice.
Did I pick anything up from his efforts, no! I did enjoy his style. I think now I'll stick to forum members posts.

Oh right, Bailey is it, where is his first name then? I have no problem with it myself, but...I was moaned at for referring to Peter Jacobs as Jocobs in a post!

rayner

Reaction score
Where I come from being called by your friends by your surname is a term of endearment. Hence my user name.
I can not be blamed for other peoples translations of what I say or type. No offence was meant to anyone.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Where I come from being called by your friends by your surname is a term of endearment. Hence my user name.
I can not be blamed for other peoples translations of what I say or type. No offence was meant to anyone.

I fully agree with you, I don't think you have done anything wrong.

The point is, I was jumped on by someone for referring to Peter Jacobs as Jacobs......why??

This is why I very rarely post on fm anymore.