Please convince me I don't want a centre pin!!!!

waldi

Reaction score
Of course you do. The pin deserves it
I’m hoping it will be a good match with the drennan Avon rod I’ve got gathering dust in the workshop. Although I’m not really optimistic.

Reaction score
Sadly for trotting normally a match rod suiting your target fish sizes would be best...

steve2

Reaction score
If I check my centre pins the ones I have most are still my now nearly 60 year old Rapidex and Trudex. Not the best reels for trotting but most of my fishing was on still waters. I have others centre pins for rivers.

chevin4

Reaction score
Nowadays I don't do much trotting so most of my centreline haven't been used for that application for some time. I purchased a nice clean Rapidex last year. I brought it primarily for barbel fishing where long casts aren't required it makes a perfect match for an old Hilton 10ft 6 glass rod

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Nowadays I don't do much trotting so most of my centreline haven't been used for that application for some time. I purchased a nice clean Rapidex last year. I brought it primarily for barbel fishing where long casts aren't required it makes a perfect match for an old Hilton 10ft 6 glass rod
Now that is proper Old School gear. Fantastic

steve2

Reaction score
I find my old centre pins go well with my cane rods. It's a pity I got rid of my Allcock Aerials.

chevin4

Reaction score
Now that is proper Old School gear. Fantastic
I actually prefer the action of a nice soft throughactioned glass rod for the playing of fish. Even a 8oz chub will put a good bend in the rod. Many carbon rods are too stiff in the butt and too tippy for my liking.

steve2

Reaction score
When I cleared out my in laws house I found one of my old glass rods that I built over 40 years ago. The design was based on a cane ledger strike, with a lovely through action something that not many of my carbon rods have.

chevin4

Reaction score
When I cleared out my in laws house I found one of my old glass rods that I built over 40 years ago. The design was based on a cane ledger strike, with a lovely through action something that not many of my carbon rods have.
I guess it would be similar to the Peter Stone Ultralites which were based on his Ledgerstrikes. I had a pair lovely rods regretted selling them.