PLEASE SUPPORT ME BY SUBSCRIBING

Aknib

Reaction score
Hello, my name's Fred and I'm looking for support from all of you good guys and girls here on FM.

I won't ask you to view my YouTube channel and I won't ask you to vote for me in any obscure competition, that way you will know that I'm genuine and that I'm just interested in interacting and giving as much as I gain on the subject of fishing.

Just drop me a pm requesting my details and I will respond with the sort code and account number of an offshore bank account where you can deposit any amount from a tenner upwards and you know you will have done a fellow brother of the angle an almighty justice and feel good about yourself at the same time.

Anyone else view these type of posts with a certain cynicism?

And don't get me started on clicking on links which send a kerching into the poster's account for everyone who clicks on it!

As nan would say...

What a f.....g liberty!

mikench

Reaction score
I was about to reply to the OP but your take on it Steve says it all. I don't wish to see carp ( except on the end of my rod), I do not want to see adverts and I definitely do not want to receive any more emails. If I want to see a particular Angling pursuit, method or tackle, I'll search myself.

peterjg

Reaction score
It's a brilliant idea - why didn't I think of it?!!!!! I'll go fishing, catch a few fish, take a few pictures and then ask you to send me money!!!

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
There are some that make money from their channels, don’t know how much. The big difference being they are good videos, well shot and edited, music if any not annoying and most importantly, interesting content. The one we are taking about shares none of the above.

However even some of the best like River Piker, Halton Dangler, The Fishlocker seem to feel the need to put out videos on a regular basis often weekly, needless to say they soon become repetitive.

sam vimes

Reaction score
I'm afraid that I have zero interest in monetizing someone's fishing for them just because they ask me to on a forum. That goes double if they don't actually contribute to the forum in any way. Repeatedly posting links to a YouTube channel or a blog does not constitute genuine forum participation.

As a slight aside, I'm also less than impressed by posters that seem to believe that their fishing exploits are worthy of their own thread rather than using the HDYGO thread. Any suggestion of anyone being unaware of that thread lacks credibility or shows a distinct lack of genuine interest in the forum.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
There are some that make money from their channels, don’t know how much. The big difference being they are good videos, well shot and edited, music if any not annoying and most importantly, interesting content. The one we are taking about shares none of the above.

However even some of the best like River Piker, Halton Dangler, The Fishlocker seem to feel the need to put out videos on a regular basis often weekly, needless to say they soon become repetitive.
I know Halton Dangler, he fishes the same club waters as me, he has done a few vids on these, When he does them they are invariably empty of anglers, these waters do not respond to pressure so obviously he will catch, they are ideal waters to take a kid on ,again if not many anglers. I suppose people who make vids do the same ,use an empty water. I have seen fishing vids being shot on various waters and sometimes you would think they had a great white shark on the end instead of a one pound tench the way they play the fish. I dont know how much product placement or advertising goes on with these,never having watched any, but I would say the anglers who do these must push certain products.

dorsetsteve

Reaction score
There’s a few different ways these things work, as I understand it. Effectively you either get paid directly by X company to create the content. You get paid to promote the product. You get paid by advertisers (not necessarily fishing ones) to incorporate their advert, often google do this.
Some of these are annoying, particularly the traditional paid to promote style. Use X brand bait and this is your result etc. Some though like The Ginger Fisherman who has paid for promotions get the balance alright. Some like Carl and Alex have serious production levels and really nothing short of internet based tv. It’s bloody hard work to produce these little 15-20 minute videos and build a following, so I say fair play to them. Just like good sales people though, you will always get the bad ones who are pushy and you won’t buy, ultimately they will not succeed because of this.

peterjg

Reaction score
I apologise in advance for being slightly off-subject but if someone could show me how to fish for roach WITHOUT catching carp then I would be interested! Let's face it, carp are the easiest of all fish to catch! They are now everywhere, plaque proportions.

mikench

Reaction score
I refuse to pay for any tv, app or YouTube plagued by ads ,to the point of being unusable and annoying, to have them removed. It's like having a new car that breaks down and agreeing to pay the garage to make it work as it should.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
I enjoy making videos but I don't take video gear on every trip. I don't have enough subscribers/views to get income from Youtube, nor does anyone sponsor me. I guess I get the odd extra book sale but after 5/6 years on my last two books sales are just a trickle now. If people get enjoyment/entertainment from what I do then so much the better and I get pleasure from the challenges of combining the fishing challenges with those of filming, sound recording and editing. The cost of the gear for filming is so far out weighing any benefits!

I was supposed to meet up with Neil Maidment this week but though we were both on the venue we didn't see each other until we'd packed up on a complex river venue but I had a few nice roach as did Neil and here's the result:

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
I enjoy making videos but I don't take video gear on every trip. I don't have enough subscribers/views to get income from Youtube, nor does anyone sponsor me. I guess I get the odd extra book sale but after 5/6 years on my last two books sales are just a trickle now. If people get enjoyment/entertainment from what I do then so much the better and I get pleasure from the challenges of combining the fishing challenges with those of filming, sound recording and editing. The cost of the gear for filming is so far out weighing any benefits!

I was supposed to meet up with Neil Maidment this week but though we were both on the venue we didn't see each other until we'd packed up on a complex river venue but I had a few nice roach as did Neil and here's the result:

Mark, lovely venue and a great vid, the first one I have watched of all the fishing ones out there. ??

Roger Johnson 2

Reaction score
I would happily send £10to help someone’s fishing expenses, unfortunately.......all my spare cash has has been sent to help that poor Nigerian Prince stuck in perpetual orbit in the African multi nation space station, at least I’ll get my money back with 75% interest when he gets back to Earth, inherits the throne and can access his bank account.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I know Halton Dangler, he fishes the same club waters as me, he has done a few vids on these, When he does them they are invariably empty of anglers, these waters do not respond to pressure so obviously he will catch, they are ideal waters to take a kid on ,again if not many anglers. I suppose people who make vids do the same ,use an empty water. I have seen fishing vids being shot on various waters and sometimes you would think they had a great white shark on the end instead of a one pound tench the way they play the fish. I dont know how much product placement or advertising goes on with these,never having watched any, but I would say the anglers who do these must push certain products.

If you want to see the power of adverting have a look at the blog of Henry Gilbey. No doubt a very skilled bass angler he writes in an informative and entertaining way. But there’s hardly a blog where he isn’t texting a new lure, piece of clothing, rod or reel. He makes no secret of the fact by clicking on any of his numerous links which result in a sale he will get a commission. I’m surprised he doesn’t do a Youtube channel.

I’m comfortable with that, have learnt a few things and always enjoy his posts and beautiful photography, good luck to him if it gives him an income. It’s these wannabees that just use our forums for nothing other than to promote their channel which mostly are well below standard. We had another doing that on here and other forums but such was the criticism he seems to have taken the point, infact one forum banned him.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
I
If you want to see the power of adverting have a look at the blog of Henry Gilbey. No doubt a very skilled bass angler he writes in an informative and entertaining way. But there’s hardly a blog where he isn’t texting a new lure, piece of clothing, rod or reel. He makes no secret of the fact by clicking on any of his numerous links which result in a sale he will get a commission. I’m surprised he doesn’t do a Youtube channel.

I’m comfortable with that, have learnt a few things and always enjoy his posts and beautiful photography, good luck to him if it gives him an income. It’s these wannabees that just use our forums for nothing other than to promote their channel which mostly are well below standard. We had another doing that on here and other forums but such was the criticism he seems to have taken the point, infact one forum banned him.
Even though I dont go sea fishing, apart from a bit of mackerel or bass spinning when on holiday, I enjoyed watching Henry on Sky TV,
I thought he came over rather well, and some of the venues he fished were brilliant.
And he never said buy this make of rod or lure ,or this reel, they will enable you to catch all day. I think he said in one programme that a particular length of rod and type of reel would be more suited to the venue, Never mentioned brands.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I

Even though I dont go sea fishing, apart from a bit of mackerel or bass spinning when on holiday, I enjoyed watching Henry on Sky TV,
I thought he came over rather well, and some of the venues he fished were brilliant.
And he never said buy this make of rod or lure ,or this reel, they will enable you to catch all day. I think he said in one programme that a particular length of rod and type of reel would be more suited to the venue, Never mentioned brands.

Didn't know he’s done tv, I’ll have to look out for that. I suspect he would be barred from product placement on tv.

seth49

Reaction score
He had at least one series on sky, on the discovery shed channel, be worth searching utube for it.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
269463b95b4d49489f3b52dc2ccecf96.jpg