Polaris Floats

hague01

Reaction score
I've finally got round to having a look. My preferred option is the bodied 22. However, the straight 21 wasn't bad either.

I may well just modify some alternate floats. However, finding a suitably large bodied waggler with a nylon bristle (that doesn't cost a small fortune), is not particularly easy.
The highest number I have ever seen Sam is 20 so 22/21 is new to me. I do know they seem to have changed the entire range numbers at least twice, if not 3 times in my time.
here is a photo of some I vane made up. The 3 floats on the right I made a while ago and they work. The 4 on left I made yesterday form current premier range floats. There was a first effort and if I do it again would make a better job but they show what you can do with the chosen donor float. I have some long Mark Pollard crystal wagglers which are particularly large and strong which I think would make brilliant donors
Please send me a pic of you favourite 22 and I will see what I can do. Alec

Attachments

• my polaris re builds.jpg
    my polaris re builds.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 52

hague01

Reaction score
Here’s the hack for you guys - The plastic bit on the bottom of Real Polaris (Real Polaris are made by a company called Polaris) have a stalk that goes up into the bottom of the float be that a round tapered balsa body or a straight peacock quill. The stalk, which is about 3 mm and 15 mm long, will take a small-bore piece of catty elastic as a connector.
If you make the catty elastic connector 20-25 mm long you then have a poleis base connector that will take any float that has a stem bottom to it. I’ve used them with standard wagglers, perch bobbers, pike floats I’ve made with a base stem, stick floats, you name the float, I’ve probably used it with the Polaris base.
The catty elastic connector is really that versatile you don’t need to spend a fortune on Polaris floats you just need two one to make into a Polaris connector and the other as a spare. You don’t even need to waste the float part if you buy the straight waggler types, as you can make the peacock quill into an ordinary waggler.
yes, you are right. Never thought of that. I will give it a go! Thanks for the input. Alec

hague01

Reaction score
here is my latest and last effort for now. I am very pleased as its much better. You can see the premier 3AAA donor float.11" overall.
Now all I need is some nice weather down here to try out the ones I have made this week.
ps may with help of FM have cracked my search for the aspire ultra feeder. Fingers crossed and will let you know how it goes..

Attachments

• polaris 2.jpg
    polaris 2.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 55

hague01

Reaction score
Sadly my quest for an aspire continues. Ho ho
Fou