poles

sis the roach

Reaction score
why are most pole manufactures still offering poles at 16 mtes lets be honest whether you match fish or not how often do you use a pole at 16 mtes with ease they would be better offering poles 13 mtes or 14 mtes and extra top kits or better poles in shorter lengths for your money would make more sense there is a 13 mter limit in the world camps a lot of the time you are paying for what you are not going to use give use the choice for your money even the cheap end are being made at 16ters i would sooner have lighter better pole at 13 mters my self but thats me

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Hi Sis, most 16m poles on the market are available to buy at 13m or 14.5m. Some you can buy the pole only and buy your own topkits to suit yourself. I have a 14.5m pole and I admit it is a handful at that length. I usually use it up to 13m.

Red Army

Reaction score
Yeap very true and you can even get the flagship poles such as the Daiwa Airity, Tournament Pro and Pro X at 13m over here in the UK then in term of TK and spare sections you get with them negociate it when you buy at those prices people will be more than willing to accomodate your needs.