Poll for Aces Vs Chavs Venue

Which Venue for this Year's (2009) Aces Vs Chav's Match?

• Clattercote

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • Parker's Fishery

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Decoy Lakes

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Cudmore Fisheries

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Clattercote is about 100 miles away from me, for me it is to far away.
If it was say an hour away i would definately have gone, it would have been nice to have met some of the FM regulars.
I guess we'll just have to try to arrange a Local Fish in sometime.
Shame though i would have liked to have gone. :(
I did vote for Cudmore and i would have definately gone.

Tight Lines :D

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
I just can't justify travelling 100 miles to go for a days fishing, well at least i'm being honest and open about it, i wouldn't want to waste anyones time, i have cast my vote but i won't waste peoples time by saying that i'll go if i know that i won't.

preston96

Reaction score
I just can't justify travelling 100 miles to go for a days fishing, well at least i'm being honest and open about it, i wouldn't want to waste anyones time, i have cast my vote but i won't waste peoples time by saying that i'll go if i know that i won't.

Whilst i wouldn't want to tell anyone how far to travel for their fishing or how they spend what income they have.... i never class this sort of thing as just a days fishing.....they are an "outing" where one fishes. ;)

S

Scott Whatmore

Of the 4 choices given, it's Clattercote for me. If I had a 2nd vote it'd be for Cudmore.

As Paul says, fish-ins are a lot more than just a days fishing. But, with a country wide group of people there will always be some that have to come a long way. That's why it was moved from Gold Valley. Some people not only came a long way, but forked out for 2 nights B&B and all the extras that come on top. A very expensive weekend indeed.

Graham Marsden

Editor Emeritus
Reaction score
Cudmore is 15 minutes from my village in Stoke on Trent and that would have suited me much better, but what makes Clattercote a good venue is that it gives those from the north and south about equal distances to travel.

I'll be going wherever it is as it's a good day out.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I drive 140 to 160 miles whenever I fish the middle Severn and never even give it a thought, if the fishing is good I don't care how far I drive, I often fish with Scott in London and drive home afterwards. If it is to support FM in their fish-ins a 200 mile round trip is nothing to me even at my tender age.

Sitting in a car for a couple of hours ain't exactly the hardest work in the world is it?

r1paul

Reaction score
I have gone for Clattercote , about the limit in my old van .
If it does win , anybody got any info on local B&Bs ?:w

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
I've not been before because of the distance involved and work/family commitments. Clattercote is much nearer to me so I'll be interested to see the date and get my name down if possible.

It'll also be interesting to fish Clattercote at a different time of year and see if my bogey-water gets any easier.

Reaction score
Les, there's a Holiday Inn in Banbury £59 B&B per room.

Blimey Fred!! I paid £100 for a whole week for an apartment in a posh complex in Bulgaria (booking skiing places in off season was a brilliant idea!!!).....at this rate next year we should hire a jet, fly to Bulgaria, take over one of those ski apartment blocks and fish one of the big lakes in Bulgaria...and still have change from a fiver!!! ;)

Actually I'm not joking...the avearge cost for 3/4 course meals including beer and/or wine was working out at about a fiver a head!!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Poshers,
Was local caught fish on the menu???
I've heard the fishing is pretty tough over there......

I think you can chuck a bivvy up overnight at Clattercote????

If not, there are plenty of fields around.....

Rickrod

Reaction score
How far from Bristol is clattercote.......?

Status
Not open for further replies.