Possible Britford fish-in

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I like the sound of this, if there is room that is ??/

Will have a word with the Boss, and tell her i am going fishing. That will P*ss her off, she won't talk to me for a week, so I win both ways.......:D.

I will check with the Boss and if all is ok would like a crack at those minnow's.

Mithrandir

Reaction score
be nice to see you again Ray. More than welcome, you might even get a big roach!!!

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Great i will be there then.

Told the Boss, so i have a week of silence now...............:D.

Gives me a chance to try out the new pin i got last week.

Bread and maggots is all i am taking, and my tackle, cant walk correctly without your tackle..............:eek::eek:

---------- Post added at 19:22 ---------- Previous post was at 19:19 ----------

I will do the breakfast, but a long drive home after, so i might not stop after.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
No Skippy didn't have one.

There is another cheap pin on the market, £60 called Konzi or something like that. Very free running, but has no adjustment so your stuck with it as it is. The problem IMO is it's to free running, but a nice reel

Mithrandir

Reaction score
Hi all, I have checked with Reids tackle, it is about 2 miles from the tescos in Salisbury where we are meeting for breakfast, and they open at 8 am, so if anyone needs bait etc. there is that option, I will be shooting down there after a quick breckie as I have difficulty sourcing good maggots here at the moment as my only good tackle shop is having building work done.

Lets hope the rain eases a bit in the week, these downpours will have refilled the river there but it would be good to let the colour drop now.

Mithrandir

Reaction score
If the weather turns nasty it will not be a fun day out, we could always postpone it for a couple of weeks.

Should we make a decision on Friday?

As nothing is booked formally we can be flexible on the date.

Rog Hill

Reaction score
Mike, we're happy to go with the flow as we live near enough not to make the travelling a concern. Can't see snow on our forecast but it will be a tad on the cold side. Either way we'll wet a line somewhere.

Rog & Jim

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
I'm with Roger on this one. It's not too far from me and the roads are pretty good. Forecast is OK apart from the very cold temps but maybe the snow will be elsewhere. I'm happy to leave it to Friday and make up my mind then.

Somewhere I have a few images of 14 Dace for over 9lb from the top end of Britford... in the snow! Must try and dig them out, paper photos, not digital... it was a long time ago!

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Well snow is forecast for here tomorrow, and again on Friday.

I am fine with the snow, fishing in it that is, but I have a bit further to travel than Skippy and would rather go in a couple of weeks time.

If Britford was only a few miles away i would go, so I will leave it for this weekend, if any of you should go, Good luck and have a good day.

Mithrandir

Reaction score
That is fine with me. I am happy to re schedule to the 11 th december for those travelling, weather permitting.I know Fred and Peter had already said they were unavailable for this one, so maybe it gives them a chance to be back in.

If Neil, Rog and Jimmy still want to go for it this Saturday I will let you have Stuart's number (the Bailiff) and you can meet him in the car park and he will point you at the good swims.

Rog Hill

Reaction score
With the temp forecast at around zero and an even lower wind chill, what are the chances of roach? Perhaps we'll head to the Stour and target a chub or two.

Rog

Mithrandir

Reaction score
Not a roach expert. But you may do better on the stour. Maybe try again in a fortnight