Preparing For "Lite Nite" Spinning Off The Lava Rocks!

Scuba Chris

Reaction score
Spin Casting in Hawaii is Often Referred to as Whipping!

Aloha everyone! Most local anglers have their own style of day or night whipping. This is mine. I prefer using jigs now instead of grubs. Instead i combine the grubs to my jigs & to do this i use a smaller sized grub that "glows". I pretty much shared everything in this video on what i use at night. There are other products not shown but it's mostly technique.
When i was a college student putting myself through UH & Chaminade College i had no extra funds for a few months so i took the #52 bus for a thin dime and went around the island doing this. Back then i used mostly Penn from Sears. Even then i still gave away my fish to those that needed them more than myself.

Most of the products shown i purchase on a town run before going out. Got the reel from Roy's in Pearl City, Rod from J&E Fishing Supply. The rest from Charley's Fishing Supply when Russel was still there. I did business with Charley's since Russel's parents had the downtown location before moving a few blocks away from Ala Moana. Now it's almost across the old Gold Bond building.

Sorry for the bad lighting. I thought my cam function would auto-correct. Not so it seems. This is my way of shoreline jigging. Hopefully sharing what i use will be of help with others just getting into this. Good luck & stay safe:).

Attachments

• Cover-Preparing For %22Lite Nite%22 .jpg
    Cover-Preparing For %22Lite Nite%22 .jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0