Preston Pulla Bung

sagalout

Reaction score
The manufacturer says :
Manufactured from lightweight plastic the Pulla Bung enables you to pull your elastic tighter after unshipping your top kit. The advantage is that you can use lighter elastics for small carp, but tighten it for netting if you hook a bonus fish. This means you don’t need to play and net big carp on top 5s or 6s, which leads to better control, faster netting and less pole breakages.

I say:
Does what it says on the tin and at £2.99 it ain't an expensive item, ok it's a lot for a little bit of plastic, but in comparison with a normal pole bung it's acceptable.

I fitted a 12 elastic (Maver coloured Latex) which incidentally was a tight fit in the little orange bead that is the part you pull on (oo er missus). When cutting the bung to fit the pole care must be taken not to cut into the central tube and great care must be taken not to split the bung :mad: (well is is a bit fragile :)). If like some ham fisted great oaf that I know :eek: you do split the bung then as it is put into the pole section it wraps in on its self and splits further :mad::mad:. After a bit of thought I run some super glue round the inside of the bung and that fixed it, proper job!

In use I do keep catching the central tube that sticks out of the number 3 section on the number 4 section when breaking down but it is not a problem, it doesn't hang up or anything, it is just a little "knock".

I find it very useful to be able to tighten the elastic when that bonus bigger fish comes along (obviously you can only do this once you have broken down the pole).

Having tried it, I have been out and bought another one and will be converting my top with the the 10 elastic to pulla bung tonight.

Last edited:

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Can the bung still be used in conjuntion with the Drennan nose cones or does the tube have to slip inside the lower section of pole?
jwmarginp2g.jpg

sagalout

Reaction score
No you have to remove the clean cap from the number 4 section (I hadn't thought about this until I was setting up for the first time after fitting the pulla bung :eek:). The tube sticks out the end of the top kit (recommended 30mm, or an inch and quarter in old money) and it goes inside the number four section (this is what "catches" when breaking down).

By the way I fitted another one yesterday, and with my vast experience gained from fitting the first one, it went very smoothly and without mishap.

Last edited: