Prince Albert

mikench

Reaction score
This club celebrates 70 years in existence this year . I have only been a member for 8 years but in that time, according to this quarters magazine, the membership has grown to 12,000 with 7,000 on the waiting list. I am amazed. I know there are a few members on here who joined 50 or so years ago. The club must be doing something right. I have no regrets and just wish I had the inclination, energy and ability to try more of their 230 odd waters. I barely scratch the surface. It hardly needs a plug from me. I have just brought my A4 binder of waters and maps up to date with new waters and revised details.

stevejay

Reaction score
Wow, I am one of those 7,000! Guessing I might have a longer wait than the couple years I was hoping for :ROFLMAO:

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I waited a year then was a member for probably 12-15 before giving it up. Me and the BF joined for the sea trout fishing and as he’s no longer safe enough on his pins to be staggering around a river at night and it wasn’t really practical ( or cost effective) to go on my own we gave our memberships up. I regret doing so terribly as despite all my ails I’m still confident enough to night fish alone.
Some terrific waters on the PAAS ticket but just too far for us….but it gave us access to sea trout fishing and some truly memorable nights

If you live up that way it is astonishing value

Last edited:

stevejay

Reaction score
How long have you been waiting Steve and what is your location.
Mike, I'm in Cleveleys, near to Blackpool, so fish the Ribble.
Having joined Ribchester this year, the other club that has a lot of rights on the Ribble from Preston to Ribchester (and paying their joining fee - so effectively double the annual fee) I will be torn as and when I do get an offer to join PAAS. I'm enjoying the Ribchester stretches at the moment, but have heard good things about the PAAS stretches.
Not sure I would get to fish many of their other waters though, maybe the Severn once or twice a year, as I do like that river and have fished it a fair bit before i moved up here.

ian g

Reaction score
If you do fish the Severn give me a shout it's my local . PAAS stretches of the Ribble are good