Punched Bread

rayner

Reaction score
Dave, It’s the same on Stanborough lakes in Welwyn Garden City, they have signs up saying the same.

The ducks and geese and swans seem to steer clear of white bread at Stanborough lake; where people have ignored the signs; probably because they are getting sick of it; as there was always people throwing it in for the ducks in the past.; plus some white bread you can buy just doesn’t contain a lot goodness in it.
There are whole slices of white stodgy bread floating untouched between the wildfowl at Stanborough lake being totally ignored by fish and fowl.

When we use breadflake on our hooks with squeezed bread pieces for feed on the river we seem to get a lot more Chub and Dace when we use warburtons (white or brown and seeded) rather than cheap stodgy white bread, however it is slightly harder to use if very small hooks and tiny punched bread bait is being used.

Keith

Keith, bread is stodgy when in water? are you sure?

Keith M

Reaction score
Keith, bread is stodgy when in water? are you sure?
I haven’t eaten plain white sliced bread for many years now (other than one or two times when toasted on holiday) and I call it stodgy white bread because that’s what cheap white bread has always tasted like to me (the wife calls it ‘Pappy’ White bread) :giggle:

Even the birds in my garden won’t touch plain white sliced bread and if the wife ever puts it out for the birds I usually end up at the end of the day by picking the pieces off of the lawn and binning them before it remains uneaten and starts to encourage rats once it gets dark :giggle:

Keith

Last edited: