Purely for Pleasure

M

Malcolm Bason

Mike - did you know they are still in the process on dredging out the bottom lake?

The top lake's ok, but when they started de-silting the bottom lake and taking down another 2 or 3ft, the wet weather started and they never got it finished, they are due to restart in the summer.

M

Malcolm Bason

I sould also add that I belive I am right in saying the Cannons Ashby lakes are closed! They are certainly adjacent to land that has a dairy herd on it!!!

G

Goose Ganderton

Now guy's I know I haven?t been on here for a while, infact the last time I was here I had a go at one of Malcolm Bason's threads. So let me right here and now apologise to Malcolm. Sorry, I was bang out of order and should not have been so rude.

Back to the question. Can someone please tell me what Swag is, and why must we always be oh so secretive over venues.

C

Carp Angler

Swag is a large bag of money and I can't comment on this lake as I don't know where it is.
I'll tell anybody about any lake that I've fished, you just have to ask.
I can't comment on other peoples reasons, some don't want hordes descending on their privacy or fish....

M

Malcolm Bason

Coops - good article mate! Keep up the good work!

Goose - no need to apologise mate - all in the past. Anyway, we all have our different views and different reasons for feeling how we do, I'm sure you had your reasons at the time!

I remember the thread, I was being selfish anyway. :) Anyhow just for that you can teach me how to fish properly!!!! LOL

I'm off the the caravan now - have a good weekends fishing lads - those of you who are going!!!

M

Mike Fidler

Malcolm, I said earlier in the thread that it was off limits for now.

Goose, sometimes a water needs protecting from it's own popularity. The lake's in question are at Cannon's Ashby in northamptonshire and are a wonderful set of waters. Fishing is very easy, therefore it needs protecting from every Tom, **** and Harry who will just sit on the place all weekend. Now normally I wouldn't have a problem with this myself but the crucian's need a bit of protection. Believe me they are popular enough as they are, I just didn't want to call attention to them on a national website as you never know where this thread could go.

P

Paul Hawkins

Nice piece Dave.
I moved house last year so this season hasn't seen me on the bank as often (DIY !!) but when I did have the oppurtunity I was determined not to sit behind matching this that and the other all the time, chasing Mr Cypry.
I returned to the basics of my apprenticeship.
Tench on the float in the margins. Kennet barbel under the rod tip.
Great stuff, we have such a diversity of species and venues in this lovely country it beggars belief how we can get so one tracked at times.
The knock on effect(in terms of Carping) of trying different species and venues is that your approach is refreshed all round.
When I did fish for the big fellas I enjoyed it more and was a tad more successful than I had been for many a year.
My first twenty came on the float in two feet of water under the rod tip.
Hell of a way to break the new centre pin in.
Keep up the good work mate....hope to bump into you on the Bristol Avon this summer!