Questions you'd like to ask the EA

• Thread starter Graham Marsden (ACA)
  • Start date

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Clive,

Why are you still going on mate,This thread is to ask the EA questions.

You have done a lot over the last few days, lets see what happens from here, if anything.

Clive (Compact Angler ACA)

Reaction score
"I would like to propose that first of all Graham considers how he might approach the EA to see if there is any remedy available which could possibly alleviate some of the frustration which currently exists within the ranks of our members. This achieved it would give us a fuller picture and enable us to consider how to set out our future."

If you had read the post properly Ray you would have seen my proposal. If you still dont understand go back and read it again

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Thanks Boss, you didn't have to do anything, but this is a step in the right direction............I hope.

P

Phil Hackett The common Boastful Expert :-)

Steve in answer to your question about nets, you phone the EA hotline and the police. Tell them that you'll observe from a discrete distance until they arrive and update them of any changes that might happen before they get there. Also ask for a report ref No and or crime No.
That's handy if they don't turn up and you wish to take it with the seniors at a later date.

Don't tell either one you've reported to the other until they arraive.;0)

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Clive,

I had read it but keep it short and to the point. Nobody is having a go, but lets try and get this right.

I'm off fishing for a couple of days, have fun.

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
What is the situation regarding the river closed season for coarse fishing? Is this due to be reviewed/ discussed and if so, when?

stuart clough

Reaction score
1. How many freshwater anglers are there in England & Wales(coarse & game)?
2. How many annual licences are sold in England & Wales?
3. How many anglers buy 2 annual licences to allow them to fish with more than 2 rods?

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

Not put the questions to them yet. I've been a bit busy lately but I'll get it sorted this week or early next week.

W

Wolfman Woody

"Woody, are YOU part of the E.A? Because bold/underlined suggests you are (is that why you are being so defensive?)."

No I'm not, I have many issues with the EA, but I like to put forward constructive criticisms having found out as much as I can first rather than just blast out machine-gun style hoping to stir up some hullabaloo.

I think you will find that number is to be used for any case affecting rod licence issues as well as other emergency measures. If anyone tells you otherwise take them to task on it, get a name when you report something or better - ask for the number of your EA regional fisheries office so you can speak direct.

My message is - stop moaning about what appears obvious and find another route to channel your complaints. DO SOMETHING POSITIVE!

I have this number on my mobile as well as the numbers of all the three area offices within our region and the mobile telephone numbers of two Enforcement Officers who would be able to advise what I should do or if they can lend assistance. I have these not because they are offered, but because I took the trouble to contact the EA regional offices and found out. It's not rocket science, as they say.

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

All: Your questions have been sent to the EA this morning.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Thanks Graham, I'm sure we are all looking forward to the answers.

Jeff, I'm not trying to stir anything up or cause a hullabaloo mate. I too have got the E.A hotline number in my phone, it didn't help much though when I reported a pollution incident to them last year! The geezer I was speeking to had no idea what stretch of water I was talking about, I couldn't give him a post code. He kept me waiting so long my credit ran out, I've now got a contract phone so my credit won't run out next time.

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

<u>UPDATE</u>

It's taken a while so far but considering the volume of work they have at the moment with the floods situation it's not surprising.

I've had an email from EA's Customer Services department and a long phone call from Stephen Gledhill, who is communications account manager for the Water Management Directorate who eventually received the 20 questions I compiled from this forum thread.

He has now sent those questions to the appropriate departments for answers. Taking holiday considerations into account we can expect the answers in around two weeks from now.

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

I reported a mine water pollution on the Wear recently and the guy on the 'phone pin-pointed the exact location using a satellite mapping system.
No action has yet been taken though.

Through pressure on the EA at the Newcastle Area and Regional offices we have received a promise that Daffyd Evans, the Head of E.A. Fisheries, will himself come up personally and attend a meeting with us (coarse anglers)locally to discuss our many concerns.