Reel/Rod Suggestion Required

williamnolen

Reaction score
I'm hoping to get out next summer to try a little salmon jigging in the area. Gear-wise, I am thinking of pairing a Shimano Tekota A400 line-counter reel with their Trevala S MH jigging casting rod. Any comments on whether this would be a suitable combination would be much appreciated. Also, any other thoughts on the good fishing reels/rod options would be helpful.

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
I wish I could help and I’m sure the membership as whole will feel the same. However this is a UK site and I doubt the items you mention are sold here. The method you propose isn’t one I have ever tried or am likely to. You could try the salmon fishing forum here but I suspect you would be best served asking your local tackle shop for advice. Fishing here is very different to California as are the fish species.

williamnolen

Reaction score
I wish I could help and I’m sure the membership as whole will feel the same. However this is a UK site and I doubt the items you mention are sold here. The method you propose isn’t one I have ever tried or am likely to. You could try the salmon fishing forum here but I suspect you would be best served asking your local tackle shop for advice. Fishing here is very different to California as are the fish species.
Thanks for guidience