Reel servicing

hague01

Reaction score
I didn't think there was any life north of the M 62 let alone anyone who fished. Sorry, such a perfect feed line deserves a more eloquent response but this will have to do pro tem.

sam vimes

Reaction score
I didn't think there was any life north of the M 62 let alone anyone who fished. Sorry, such a perfect feed line deserves a more eloquent response but this will have to do pro tem.

You're absolutely right. Please tell everyone you can.

hague01

Reaction score
I won't be allowed back into Yorkshire if I do that!

hague01

Reaction score
I have truly been delighted that 2 new tackle shops have opened within 10 miles of me this year. One in Harlow, very close to j/r so brave I think but a visit suggested perhaps targeted at a less affluent market range. The other east, in Billericay is an out and out major carper emporium. Great to see confidence in the market place.

hague01

Reaction score
Lovely reels, Mike. I've used nothing else, save for a couple of XTRA 4000's for barbel and pins, since I bought the first one 30 years ago. They've not been serviced, just kept clean and anything you can reach lubricated, but I'll follow your lead and send them off. The older ones are noticeably looser than the less-used. so some wear, as you'd expect, has occurred. What was the cost to post , by the way?
Ah, another fan of the xtr rear drag reels. I had a few 6 I think, 2.5, 3 and 4 all in the xtrb series. Great reels and was happy for years until I found a supplier in Italy selling the successor reel the bio Ra. The great prices being achieved on eBay confirms they are still rightfully well regarded