replacement trebles

chrisjpainter

Reaction score
I need to replace a lot of my lure trebles. They've been sharpened more times than I care to remember, so now it's replacement time. Any recommendation for what to go for? Size-wise, it'll be in the range of 2-1/0 ish. I've not been blown away by Fox Rage's trebles, so any suggestion other than them would be most welcome!

The Sogster

Reaction score
I replaced all my trebles with various sizes of these vmc hooks for lures.
Not seen any problems.
Notice the eye is in line with the point.
20230803_215154.jpg

chrisjpainter

Reaction score
I replaced all my trebles with various sizes of these vmc hooks for lures.
Not seen any problems.
Notice the eye is in line with the point.
View attachment 27570
I have a few lures where singles won't be appropriate - mostly soft plastics where, because of weedy conditions, I use one point of the treble to keep the hook from tangling too far below the lure and into the weed, so some will have to be trebles. I use singles on my salt lures, so I might try with one or two of my fresh ones too. Something to ponder. anyway.

The Sogster

Reaction score
I hadn't considered that.
I like spinnerbaits (the ones that look like coat hangers) for weedy conditions.
It looks like they would snag easily but are amazingly good at not hanging up, and provide a massive amount of vibration.

Phil Heaton

Reaction score
I need to replace a lot of my lure trebles. They've been sharpened more times than I care to remember, so now it's replacement time. Any recommendation for what to go for? Size-wise, it'll be in the range of 2-1/0 ish. I've not been blown away by Fox Rage's trebles, so any suggestion other than them would be most welcome!
Good strong hooks, 10 for £3.99 so cheap enough to get the cutters on or bin when they go blunt. Check AGM out for other sizes and any other gear you may want, their service is first class