Review item piccie, how?

sagalout

Reaction score
When creating a new review, how do we add the photo that is like the avatar thingy ma gig bob smithy job?

PS Oh great god like beings, I did some reviews last year as threads, should I move them into the review section?

Last edited:

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
As the Gods decline to answer your query :) try just sending it to Jeff (aka the Devil) and he'll do 'em for you.

Standard photo upload method is to put them in your gallery (or somewhere else on the net) then link to them using the My Photos 'insert' link that you can see to the right of a Reply text box.

sagalout

Reaction score
Standard photo upload method is to put them in your gallery (or somewhere else on the net) then link to them using the My Photos 'insert' link that you can see to the right of a Reply text box.
Geoff, that will put it within the review text and not in the avatar thingy ma gig bob smithy job (I think)

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
I've done it for you Saga.

It's difficult unless you have some sort of photo editing software, but what I done is - copy the picture off Preston's site and loaded it into my Photoshop Elements. I mostly adjust the size, it doesn't need to be big, 200 x 200 pixels is plenty, then save it to your disc where you'll find it in a minute.

Now, when you're creating the review thread, it says that the current picture is blank (unsurprisingly) but underneath there is a box "Upload new image" and an area alongside which says "BROWSE" - click on the Browse. That will show your disc contents, just find the image you created and it will load it as the image to use for the product.

Simples! Sorry I missed it earlier, but in future best to speak to the organ-grinder direct (me). :D:D:D:D:D:D Who mentioned a monkey, Geoff? ;) I didn't. :wh

Now you should go back to it and edit your post awarding it some points and don't forget to click the little box with it that will show the points.

Nice review and write up, Mr Lout, glad to see someone's getting the hang of it.

sagalout

Reaction score
edit your post awarding it some points and don't forget to click the little box
I did do that on the original, I hadn't noticed it didn't work. The tick box must have got un-ticked at some time whilst I wrote like what I did.

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Simples! Sorry I missed it earlier, but in future best to speak to the organ-grinder direct (me). Who mentioned a monkey, Geoff? I didn't.
Simples! Sorry I missed it earlier, but in future best to speak to the organ-grinder direct (me). Who mentioned a monkey, Geoff? I didn't.

Oook? (With apologies to Mr Pratchett)

sagalout

Reaction score
Now, when you're creating the review thread, it says that the current picture is blank
Jeff, I have just created another review and there is nowhere that I can see anything about the piccie (and I had a proper mans look). I even tried under the manage attachments options but that didn't do it. I have been out and stolen a picture, resized it, and everything, so I am deeply hurt now and will have to have a gin and tonic to calm my nerves.....

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Ahhhhhhh! MMMMMMmmmmmmmM! yyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeessssssssss!

Looks like you're right. I just signed in as my alter-ego and found I couldn't either. I'll put in an enquiry!

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
It should do. I've just signed in as a normal member (no "god-like" attributes :) ) and the first box says Header Image, but there's none there (cos it's new). In that box it also says "Upload New Image" and beside it "Browse".

Doesn't yours say that?

I just did one for an Abu 5000

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Totally discumbobulated! :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

When I did that 5000 one, I was just an ordinary member, nothing special. I even checked my setup to make sure there was nothing at all different to yourself.

Try (if you like) logging out, deleting your FM cookie, and signing back in again. That's the only thing I can think of, but I'll have a word with our technical director tomorrow.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Alright, alright! Don't make yourself giddy. :D

Note has been sent off to our techy man.

You might have missed the banging your head with a book (preferably by **** Walker) and rubbing your tummy three times as well, though.

---------- Post added at 12:13 ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 ----------

Try again now.

Remember to stand on your head and throw your left shoe at the screen when you do it.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
techy man says, "Yes"

cb

Reminds you of "the man for Del Monte, he says . . .Yes"

The actor who played the Del Monte man was Brian Jackson . . . . . now, not a lot of people know that . . . .

oh, and b.t.w. Colin; just 146 posts to go.

[insert U-No-Wot > > > HERE]

sagalout

Reaction score
Woo hoo, that looks like the doggies dangly bits, I can see the piccie box and the upoad image option. I shall have to think of something else to review now to test it out.