River Cherwell

quickcedo

Reaction score
Does anybody fish the Cherwell in the Kidlington / Enslow area. Looking to exchange Knowledge, info etc on this sometimes very hard bit of water. Esp. looking for fellow Chub and Barbel enthusiasts.

Specihunter

Reaction score
the barbel are from Islip up to somerton which are controled by gerrards cross, kidlington and banbury and the chub is more wide spread . Go into jk's in bicester they know some good hotspots.

quickcedo

Reaction score
Have now got a ticket to fish the Tackley stretch. found some good chub, but no Barbel yet. Apparently I can take guests at £3 a day so if any of you local lot fancy a day let me know.

quickcedo

Reaction score
Spci, I have PMd you a mobile number so arrangements can be made. All the best Mark.

Specihunter

Reaction score
I got the pm mark thanks. I'm on nights till sunday morning so I'll talk to you then.

Last edited:

quickcedo

Reaction score
Fished the river today, found the Chub in good form and quite accomodating. River at good levels.

Specihunter

Reaction score
I had a great time today mark, had one knock after you left i struck to early . I'm looking forward to the next trip.

quickcedo

Reaction score
Good man. Sorry I had to leave early, but I'm sure you understand given the nature of the situation. Maybe we can cut over in the canoe next time and fish a different piece. That would also give me the chance to do a bit of pre baiting before you arrive.

Specihunter

Reaction score
Of course I understand mate. I will travel lighter next time so we go over in the canoe.