River Douglas .Lancashire

ryboyd

Reaction score
Are any members fishing the river these days? if so how is it recovering from the fish kill. of recent years?

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hi Tony, I live very near the river and although there are still fish to catch they do seem few and far between these days. The pollution incident really did hit it hard and decimated the fish stocks. A real shame as it's gonna take years for it to start and re populate but will most likely get hit with another bought of pollution before that happens.
Since the main incident of pollution i've reported several more smaller but pretty nasty one's.
To be honest your better off on the ribbble m8.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I haven't checked the location of this river in Lancs....is it anywhere near Wigan?

I ask as I occasionally visit family for a week or so and often wonder if any Day Ticket waters are available for such visits......anything that would warrant taking lots of gear with me!
I don't fish commercials but a nice stillwater would be good...

I have seen a couple of lakes around Wigan but having walked around didn't see any signage.

Did the polluters pay for the fish loss on the Douglas??

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I haven't checked the location of this river in Lancs....is it anywhere near Wigan?

I ask as I occasionally visit family for a week or so and often wonder if any Day Ticket waters are available for such visits......anything that would warrant taking lots of gear with me!
I don't fish commercials but a nice stillwater would be good...

I have seen a couple of lakes around Wigan but having walked around didn't see any signage.

Did the polluters pay for the fish loss on the Douglas??

There are plenty of still waters around Wigan but it's pretty much impossible for me to describe where the free one's are to someone without intimate knowladge of the area. There's plenty on the wigan ticket at a cost of £27 so worth your while if you visit regularly.
Regarding rivers the ribble isn't far away (20min's). There is a day ticket stretch of the ribble at the tickled trout (junction 31) on the m6. It's a good stretch actually so worth a go. There is another small stretych on the ribble just up preston new rd towards blackburn off junc 31 on the m6. It's literally 2min's away from the tickled trout and it's called bonzie stretch. I think it's a fiver on each stretch.
TC, next time you come up here your welcome to give me a shout and I can show you a pool or two :).

Last edited:

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Thanks for the great info and the offer...I must have a good look around in March(ish)when I'm up for a week or so..
If it happens I might just contact you beforehand..

thanks again!

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the great info and the offer...I must have a good look around in March(ish)when I'm up for a week or so..
If it happens I might just contact you beforehand..

thanks again!

No prob's TC, give me a shout any time m8.

kcon1

Reaction score
Fish around Parbold and downstream and there's plenty of fish still there. I've had a load of chub and even a barbel

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Most of the river round parbold is private fishing or private land where the land owners don't allow it. So make sure you any stretch you fish you either belong to the relevant club or have the land owners permission.

Kcon1, I think I remember you and your a member of one of the clubs wh ohave the parbold stretch.