River fishing this weekend?

K

Kevin Parcell

Well lads it ain't looking good at the moment!Iwent and had a look at the River Mease today,it was nearly at the top of it's banks and very coloured.With heavy storms forecast for tomorrow it looks like its going to be stillwater fishing again.Let's face it the biggest problem is getting to the riverside anyway especially if you have to drive down farm tracks and park in the fields.Knew I should have bought a 4x4!!!

D

Dave Johnson

The only good thing Kev is that the water level remaining constantly high should enable the fish to get used to it and they have to feed sooner or later, its just a matter of finding a respite in the current and having some faith.......possibly

K

Kevin Parcell

I must agree with you Dave.They ought to be used to the levels by now.I'll have to give it a go,to restore my faith,because I'm getting withdrawl symtoms now,because it seems that long since I went river fishing

S

Stewart Bloor

Kevin, I was hoping to get on the Mease this afternoon but I had a really long day yesterday so I'm going out tomorrow instead. Your comment that it was to the top of the banks means it should at least be fishable, as it hasn't rained too much over the last day or so. If you've been out since, let me know what it's like. I've been away for a week or so and was hoping that the rivers were in good nick, but I understand it has rained a lot while I've been away.

N

Neil Wayte

Went to the upper Medway yesterday(21.12.2000) and chub fished for the first time for 20 years.The river was well in it's banks and I thoroughly enjoyed it.Had a few bites and landed a 3lb 4oz Chub.I have been carp fishing for far to long and now plan to put that right over the xmas holiday.I was so impressed that I'm going to drop a carp ticket and join the club who's waters I was guested on.12 miles of river stuffed with chub to 6lb and barbel to 16lb along with rivercarp to 25lb so I won't feel to lost.It's amazing how steriotyped you can get.Going Roach fish for the next 24 hours on a carp lake and can't wait.All being well I'll write a piece for the site on my xmas holiday.