River Fishing

J

john conway

Without boring the readership on Global Warming - Carp Angler - asks "Do these guys have a clue what they're talking about?
The report I heard on the radio suggested that the overall temperature in the UK will RISE by 10 degrees C within 10 years if the excessive use of GH gases is not halted. This has the implication of rising sea levels etc etc.."

Well the answer is yes, it has to get warmer and melt the ice caps to trigger off the mechanism that will stop the conveyor system which drives the Gulf Stream, and that, as everyone knows keeps this country warmer than it should be.
What I do know is that when I first moved into the Yorkshire Dales thirty years ago, there was no slurry tanks on farms, no silage and very little tillage put on the land. However, farmers where getting grants to drain the land for reclamation, especially on the fells. The very small stream which ran past our caving hostel was full of spawning salmon between 10Lbs and 15Lbs during the back end of September and November. Now you'll be lucky to find the odd water beetle. The way I see it is that pollution kills all fish where as climatic changes just means that the fishing will be different.
If anyone is interested in the article which describes the mechanism for stopping the Gulf Stream then I can email it to you.