River Lot, France - a February barbel

Roger Johnson 2

Reaction score
Definitely out,
just finished the back to brick renovation on Mrs J’s “crafting room” and want to use my hard earned my brownie points, before I’m trapped into fighting back the jungle for the next few weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Steve Arnold

Reaction score
Wrong side of Limoges for me, but might be tempted for a spin on the moto, if the fibre guy finishes early enough.
However I’m planning on using this week’s kitchen pass on a small lake just north of Alvignac in the Lot, I think not too far from Pelamid and Philip, time for a meet up, chaps?

Would love to have a fish of that little lake. Problem for me is that it is just far enough to make a day trip impractical during this period of 6pm-6am curfew.

What will you be fishing for, when this curfew period finishes I fancy an early start and a change of scenery!

Roger Johnson 2

Reaction score
Would love to have a fish of that little lake. Problem for me is that it is just far enough to make a day trip impractical during this period of 6pm-6am curfew.

What will you be fishing for, when this curfew period finishes I fancy an early start and a change of scenery!

What will you be fishing for, when this curfew period finishes I fancy an early start and a change of scenery![/QUOTE]

It’s a general fishery, roach, rudd, tench, perch, bream, carp (night), lots of bass, No Swimming, No boats! Float tube allowed.
Great restaurant for workers lunch midweek, or posh Sunday lunch, when it reopens. Quite popular during the summer but quiet early or late. I’m most interested in the rudd which are going well over 2lb
1d9eb31afa229197813f1d5b2f7863a4.jpg

Steve Arnold

Reaction score

It’s a general fishery, roach, rudd, tench, perch, bream, carp (night), lots of bass, No Swimming, No boats! Float tube allowed.
Great restaurant for workers lunch midweek, or posh Sunday lunch, when it reopens. Quite popular during the summer but quiet early or late. I’m most interested in the rudd which are going well over 2lb
1d9eb31afa229197813f1d5b2f7863a4.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Sounds wonderful! Do you need a day permit for this, or does the Carte de Peche cover it?

We have friends in Gourdon and spend a few days with them every year. Might make my excuses and slip along the this lake for a day, or maybe make it a detour before coming home. Sure if the restaurant is open and the weather good my wife would allow me a few hours fishing. She might fish herself if it's comfortable :cool:

Steve Arnold

Reaction score
My little pond is on carte de pêche.

Sally and I have just bought a tent and are looking for comfortable campsites with fishing nearby. At Miers there is a campsite, a couple of K from your little lake, that looks quite tidy. That would also be a base for visits to the Gouffre de Padirac and even the river Dordogne. Looks a good base for a few days mid-week when the kiddies are actually at school (age thing, hate squealing kiddy noises!)

That's our planning started for getting out & about again in France. Looking forward to post-covid life happening sometime soon! :unsure:

Philip

Reaction score
Wrong side of Limoges for me, but might be tempted for a spin on the moto, if the fibre guy finishes early enough.
However I’m planning on using this week’s kitchen pass on a small lake just north of Alvignac in the Lot, I think not too far from Pelamid and Philip, time for a meet up, chaps?

Just saw this ....tempting as it is I am further north than you guys...6 hours north in fact :) so makes it basically impossible for me until after we get out of all the lockdowns.

I do get down that way from time to time & it would be a pleasure to hook up. Funnily enough I visited a lake just the other day that has some absolutley ginourmous Rudd in it that I spied a couple of years back. & I promised myself a crack at them when the weather gets warmer. Great fish Rudd, I seem to recall you posted a photo of an absolutly immaculate one a while back Rodger that topped 2lb I think. Fantastic looking fish.