River match angling....

Reaction score
Its still bought though Alex,I dont begrudge personally but the so called pools fodder put the money in and never get a chance of a return....

silvers

Reaction score
Alan,
that’s why I put it in inverted commas, they’re the lifeblood of match fishing ... the only way to ensure decent attendances is to give people some hope of a return / prize (mostly I think people just want the recognition ... very few make any profit).
So the most Peggy venues would be actually the best to ensure a good turnout ... because all the top anglers could draw out of it.
wouldn’t work now as the potential punters have drifted so far Or stopped fishing.

equally ... as most match anglers now sit around puddles ... the learning curve to catch up with the likes of Neale Shearn, Paul Caton or even myself would be enormous .... same as if I tried to catch on carp matches.

Reaction score
Lets be honest Alex,when I started match fishing,I couldn't catch a chub for toffees,but I was determined to learn,in the end it becomes second nature,I could catch bags of roach before I match fished,i'm sure you had similar things happen in your match fishing,likewise if you started now and wanted to compete on commercials with carp or F1's you would need to serve your apprenticeship,learning how to compete at the highest level you can,it works similar for general fishing,I remember trying to catch barbel on the Ivel,the first winter I never touched one,one of the anglers catching them chatted to me one afternoon at the end of that season and I told him I was serving my apprentiship and the next season would be different,it was,I broke my PB five times through that winter,then three more times in following seasons,being determined for success gets results,always worked for me....