river nene

V

vince battams

looking for info on the nene ie,controlling clubs,contact names and numbers,maps of sections of water,anything ever how trivial

regards

vince battams

D

David Whitmill

Irthlingborough A.C. control the section nearest to me. Try Webster's Tackle (Irthlingborough) for details 01933 650110.

C

Chris Bishop

Fished it loads lower down - ie Peterborough city centre and below. Have never had the nerve to try the tidal stretch between Dog & Doublet and Wisbech but have had plenty of pike and zander further up. Ferry Meadows - a gravel pit complex linked to the river upstream of P'boro - is fishing well according to the weeklies.

B

Birds Nest

I can only really speek for the bits through Northampton. Nene AC hold a lot of the water, including A big streach through Kingsthorpe (walkers mill) I've seen (but never fished for) some massive roach in there. They also have a good streach going past Sixfields (Northampton Town FC) I've had some good fun with Pike there... They also have the Weir section on the Bedford road (I think).... On a simular note Does anyone know who has the fishing rights for the Gravel pits on the Weedon road now ? Nr the footie ground ?

S

D

Daniel Whitelock

some stretches at thrapston are available on day ticket from the marina there, aswell as a carp pond with some giants in there, i'm not sure of the number though

M

Mike Fidler

Birdsnest, Two gravel pits? I think you will find only the one now. Controlled by Nene AC - thats a laugh! It holds some cracking tench still and good pike but does not get fished a lot because of parking and how busy it gets with kids mucking about all night.

B

Birds Nest

yeah I herd that, well I have been away for 5 years !! Is it really that boad now ? I used to spend most of my time fishing there... Tench early on, the pike later in the season.. Kids messing about ??? Thats probably come about from all the development around there...

Thats a shame that... Iused to have a good time fishing down there.. Why was the other pit filled in ? what happened to the fish? are they in the 'Duston Res" ???

M

Malcolm Bason

Hello Birds Nest - I thought Northants Fisheries held the right for the gravel pits by Sixfields - ????????

B

Birds Nest

Depends which one you are on about... Apparently the newer Sixfields Res is northants angling..

M

Malcolm Bason

Thanks Birds Nest, I wasn't sure - youv'e now answered that question. Perhaps you can answer this one: Who has the rights to the stretch of the Nene between the two?

B

Birds Nest

Dunno mate, I've not lived in northampton for 5 years... Ask in a local tackle shop... Sportsmans Lodge ? trinders ? Gilders ?

M

Mike Fidler

Hi guys, as far as I'm aware that section used to be Far Cotton working mens ac which has now disbanded. That means it's free!! I've fished it for carp and had plenty of small stuff.

M

Malcolm Bason

Cheers Mike. I had often wondered about this stretch after drawing a blank on a few occasions on the large lake just below it, but never on the dat had time to 'give it a go'!

C

Chris Bishop

What about the North Bank and tidal - anyone fishing those..? Looked at tidal by bottom of Guyhirn Gull the other week, where Moreton's Leam joins - fish rising everywhere but never seen anyone fish it.