River pod depth

ALuckyAngler

Reaction score
Been looking at the new korum river pod as a replacement for bank sticks (which can be a right pain to get into hard ground) but the photos on the Korum web site suggest it's quite 'deep'. I mostly fish the Wye, middle Severn and Avon. Some of the swims are not that big, my concern is that the pod won't fit. Anyone own one, any advice welcome.
Thanks
JD

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Reaction score
S*d the pods,banksticks for me i'm afraid,I want reliability and firmness for barbel in particular.

thecrow

Reaction score
S*d the pods,banksticks for me i'm afraid,I want reliability and firmness for barbel in particular.

Cant argue with that, cheaper to which is always a positive for me :) the last time I used one of those pod things I was fishing the north sea from the beach I don't see the need for them on rivers.

To the OP why not visit a tackle shop that stocks them and have a look or contact Korum for dimensions.

ALuckyAngler

Reaction score
Agree it's pretty pricy but the reports I have heard it's a very stable bit of kit. That said I will probably just end up getting a couple of decent screw point sticks....

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

john step

Reaction score
Some of the places I barbel fish on the lower/tidal Trent can be absolute s*ds to get a bank stick firmly into.

Answer. 3 Long bank sticks and a screw in tripod adaptor and a buzzer bar.
I can use the bank sticks if the banks are fine or revert to the adaptor when needed .

steve2

Reaction score
There are plenty of other tripods on the market aimed at the sea fishermen that are a lot cheaper.