River quaggy (south east London)

ginty

Reaction score
I was in catford so i had a walk through ladywell park. Look what i saw. Definitely going to have a go.
f50943895ac74ca1b761b2b7aa6022fe.jpg

Any one else seen fish in the quaggy?

theartist

Reaction score
Worth a crack mate although I think that's the Ravensbourne at Ladywell, let us know how you get on :)

ginty

Reaction score
Sorry. Yh. It is the ravensbourne. We just call it the quaggy. But you are right.
I was shocked. All in all i saw about 15 fish. The ones in the picture were the biggest but its still a good sign. :)

theartist

Reaction score
Yeah it is a good sign, I think a lot of work has gone in to improving rivers down your way so hopefully the likes of the Ravensbourne, Quaggy, Darent and Cray can continue to improve.

ginty

Reaction score
I went to the cray just before the close season. And the part i went. Around dartford. Was a bit of a dump. Beer cans everywhere and dog pooh. I fished all day and had one bite but nothing come of it.
The bit i was fishing was around 5 foot deep.
Im going to try again in a week or two now the weather is warmer. Maybe ill get better luck.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Sorry. Yh. It is the ravensbourne. We just call it the quaggy. But you are right.
I was shocked. All in all i saw about 15 fish. The ones in the picture were the biggest but its still a good sign. :)

The Quaggy is a river in its own right, it starts around Grove Park and runs into The Ravensborne at Lewisham. The river pool also joins the system and I have seen fish in all three, They merge and join the Thames via Deptford Creek.