river ribble

rainmaker

Reaction score
Hi lads and lasses, i'm thinking of going on the ribble in the next week,does anyone know of a good day ticket stretch i can try?.A few years ago i used to fish the bonsai tree nurseries stretch and also the tickled trout stretch, i know theres a day ticket on dewhurst farm but i don't know the contact number,if anyone's got any details i'd be greateful.....thanks in advance.paul.

mickb

Reaction score
Hi there. You can fish Ribchester village stretch. You get your day ticket from the spar at Ribchester. Also there is gregsons farm which is the left turning before you get to the bonsai stretch. You get the day ticket from the tickled trout garage same as the stretch at tickled trout you've fished before. Gregsons farm is a bit quieter than tickled trout as its further away from the m6 bridge.

---------- Post added at 12:59 ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 ----------

Also you have the woodcutters stretch. Turn right as you go over the bridge to Ribchester and go down the track to the farm. Pay the farmer and then you can fish. To be honest there isn't much day ticket stretches on the ribble now. Church seeps used to be free but now it's been bought up and I believe the bonsai stretch is not available to fish. I'd get yourself into a club.

mickb

Reaction score
Hi thanks for correcting me. It's a stretch I've never fished. Just heard about it. I just fish the radac stretches now but got my name down for Prince Albert as well. Not too sure about the Preston stretches. Maybe a day ticket or two down there.

rainmaker

Reaction score
Thanks for that lads,I usually fish the Severn but it's out of sorts at the moment I'll Google gregsons farm and I'll give that a go ...cheers.paul

lutra

Reaction score
As far as I know no club has fishwick (A59 tickle trout down to the A6 London road in Preston, north bank) at the moment and it's just being fished for free.