River Trout Fishing in Normandy

J

Jon Mathias

Dear All

I am planning to rent a cottage for a couple of weeks in Normandy this June and am hoping to do some dry-fly river fishing for trout.

I have only been fishing for a season and that on stillwaters only so I'm hoping to avoid heavily overgrown riverbanks.

Can anyone suggest suitable tackle, locations, links to French websites etc?

Thanks for your help
Jon

J

Jon Mathias

Having been overwhelmed by the volume of replies to my query, can anyone suggest a fly fishing website with a more active membership?

G

Gerry Castles

Normandy is not top of everyone's list as far as venues go, so instead of berating everyone for not having the answers to a fairly obscure question, why don't you do a little work for yourself. I went to www.google.com and typed in 'flyfishing France', it gave me a whole load of leads and useful sites. Why didn't you do the same?

T

Terry Mann

Jon,
Have a look at the Fish and Fly website,Jon BEER contributes to the site and has done a number of articles in Trout ande Salmon about fishing in France.He is contactable through the site and you could also post your request on the forum.
I have met Jon and he is a nice bloke with a wealth of knowledge ,I'm sure he will help.