river weaver

john hooper

Reaction score
just started fishing this river on the nantwich ticket it's really good and the ticket is a bargin , just £10 a year.On saturday i had 8 chub and lost 3 others trotting maggots, i feel i could have had more if i hadn't bumped the three off and put the fish of the feed for a while.

john

Judas Priest

Reaction score
Spot on John the Nantwich ticket is a real bargain, with a bit of the explorer hat on there's some wonderful fish to be had.

Bluenose

Reaction score
It's excellent fishing, even more so if you travel light and go for a wander.

bigfish74

Reaction score
hi guys what area does the ticket cover

thanks andy

Bluenose

Reaction score
Andy, it's mainly the River Weaver in and around Nantwich town. They also have a few stretches of the Weaver above Nantwich, a stretch of the Tern nr Market Drayton, a stretch of the Severn nr Welshpool and a joint share of the T&M canal in Middlewich.

The ticket is about a tenner a year, maybe 11 or 12 quid, it runs from Jan 1st, still the best vfm river fishing around these parts in my opinion.

Last edited:

bigfish74

Reaction score
cheers bluenose for the info
a tenner these days is nothing for a card like that

andy

john hooper

Reaction score
managed a couple of sessions this weekend with friday being the best. On a rising river i had 20 + dace and a couple of roach, the dace were lovely with the best around the 1/2lb mark, well happy. This morning didn't do as well just a dozen dace from the railway bridge swim which has been on fire aparently but wasn;t playing today. Thats it for this year, lets hope for a bit less flooding when the rivers open again in june.

john

john hooper

Reaction score
back on the river now there is a bit of flow to wake things up , had a few plump roach and dace,looking forward to the rest of the season.

john

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My son lives a spit away from the Weaver in Northwich and I've often fancied the stretch between the town and the blue bridge on the A556, which is on the Northwich ticket. My club, Lymm Anglers, has a share of the Meadow Bank stretch for an additional £5 Rudheath Anglers ticket. Looks like a good winter prospect.