Rod Bags

John Aston

Reaction score
I would like to recommend Midwater Luggage rod bags , having just bought a pair. The days of the old cloth bag now seem over , sadly, and most of the coarse fishing rods I've bought recently come in pretty awful bags. Oddly , fly rods seem much better in this respect. But rods I have bought recently from' name ' firms often come in cheap feeling , nasty bags which are barely long enough , prone to tear and often have compartments that are uncomfortably narrow.

But help is at hand ! Following a recommendation by forum users I have just bought two bags from Midwater in Rochdale , and they are just what I needed . They are robust, adequately long and much stronger than the flimsy stuff I've had to endure . The length is especially welcome as most bags seem the exact length of the rod ,or sometimes even a bit shorter , making it hard to get fold over of the top flap . My bags were for two very similar Drennan rods and Midwater were able to fit one bag with different coloured ties ( is that the word ?) so I don't get them mixed up. Made in the UK too.

Good value too at about a tenner each .

Midwater.co .uk

nottskev

Reaction score
I have a couple of larger than usual zip-around reel cases from them. Well made, nice fabric. I also have a thick upholstered seat cushion that doesn't bottom out and is wearing well. With a lot of mainstream luggage super-sized these days and built like car roof-boxes, their bags and holdalls are a human-scale option.

The Sogster

Reaction score
I bought one recently along with the super thick padded cushion. As remarked on in previous posts, they are exceptional quality for the money.