Rod queries.

trotter2

Reaction score
I was looking at that microlight but looks like the tip is a bit short Ian what do you think ?
Looks like he has amended the listing indeed 1 inch missing.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thanks Ian but I was only joking; I have more than enough rods. A microlight would make up the trio but that one has lost a couple of inches from the tip.

No idea how a buyer can tell the rod has lost an inch from the tip going off those pictures. You really would need to see the rod in your hand as it definately doesn't stand out as having been broke off. There's no close up of the tip ring which could be another clue as to thee being damage.
Just for reference the 2000's sections weren't all of equal lengths, they were similar to rods like my tricast John Allerton match rod, usually having the butt section being the longest and staggering down to the top section.
If the rod was assembled and measured you would know for sure....although after saying that, many brand new rods are and inch shorter or even longer than their stated length!
The MKII normark has pretty much equal lengthed sections. That rod looks in mint condition to me and if I didn't have one already I would be bidding on it :)

Out of curiosity I messaged the seller to measure the rod assembled (without the extention fitted).
He replied saying the rod is 1/4 of an inch shorter than 13ft, that sounds normal. I have brand new rods that are just shy of an inch short. I once contacted hardys about this and they said an inch was fine as it was within their parameters.

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
He won't post and lives in Enfield so too far . I'm talking about The microlight now.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He won't post and lives in Enfield so too far . I'm talking about The microlight now.

Yup, I noticed that Mike....I wasn't suggesting you should get it :).
I was just talkin' about it is all. You'd be better off with the matching MKII titan and maybe fire off your other 2000 titan to pay for it (y);).