Rod rings/eyes where can I buy them?

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Thanks Cat, good site.

That's not the ones IC but I've seen those before.

I'm not gonna get the ones to match, so yes Skippy I'm gonna have to find the best match and go for that.

I'll try to measure them and put a pic up.

Cheers guys.

the indifferent crucian

Reaction score
Well it won't hurt to go with modern rings, there are some very good ones around. I'd second the idea of 'phoning H&H, their site, and their second one, Guides'n Blanks does not show their whole stock and neither are very easy sites to use anyway.

The rings in the picture of my old cane rod are definitely by Fuji. I have pictures of them in my old J B Walker cataloge from the Seventies and they are also fitted to my Daiwa GF65 match rod, as they were also fitted to Ivan Marks rods from the same outfit. I hadn't heard the word Dynaflow before, the Walker catalogue just gives them a code of letters and numbers.

It's a clever design that both protects the ceramic lining and its mounting from any contact as well as allowing the ring to flex with the rod blank. It also is of note that a rod section can sit on them whilst they are fixed in place temporarily and therefore the rings will always be in line when the job is finished.

Fiendishly cunning !

Wag

Reaction score
Just a quick tip - make sure you mark which side of the blank the eyes were originally positioned so you put the new ones in line with the spine of the rod. Once you've stripped the blank and removed any paint finish it's often difficult to see where they were.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Sussed it at last!

RodRings1.jpg

RodRings2.jpg

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Just gotta track some down if I can or get the nearest match, I'll give H&H a bell Tuesday morning.

Thanks for all the help guys, much appreciated.

Steve.

Steve King

Reaction score
Well unless you are determined to keep the rod looking original, why not do for some ,more modern rings as long as they have adequate stand off?

They would probably be lighter anyway.

Last edited:

the indifferent crucian

Reaction score
Ah yes..The Codfather13. Famous for possessing the worst feedback on eBay, with the rudest replies to feedback left and the most customers banned from her site.

First it says £13 for postage and then it says it's free for mainland UK ??????

You can click on her user name, then click on 'see all'. Then click on the negatives to see them all condensed together. Makes for hilarious reading and believe me ..... it used to be worse, this is them' trying' :D

jeffw0502

Reaction score
I have just acquired a 1982 Normark NMB-144-3S that was originally a custom build.
Two of the rings had been replaced with the wrong type at some time and I wanted to find some original replacements but had no idea what they were, let alone where to get them.
I did a search on google along the lines of rod rings and that led me to this thread, had a quick look and what do you know. A photograph of an old rod with exactly the rings I was looking for. Not only that but "the indifferent crucian" had stripped them off and didn't seem to have a use for them.
I PMd him and he got straight back to me with an offer to post me the ring free of charge.
Now that really is Fishing Magic:D
Thanks again T.I.C.