Roll on 16/06/2018

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Took swmbo into Canterbury today for some retail therapy. This would normally see me hurrying to the river rod in hand but this time of year doesn't allow such things so an ivestigative stroll along the banks with Polaroids on to see what the coming months have in store.

First time I've seen the river in a few weeks when it was swollen and high in colour, now back to its more regular state and although still pushing through it must be 90% clear. The heavy rains of recent months have certainly done a good job of flushing through debris and weed, as for the fish? I've never seen so many chub!

Perhaps the lousy conditions of this Winter just past will give us some glorious Summer fishing this year. The 16th is on a Saturday this year, will have to set the alarm for silly o clock.

The river looks great even through the centre of the city.
image.jpg

mikench

Reaction score
Agreed John ! The river does indeed look lovely so lovely in fact that I might come down for a few days ! Er indoors is all in favour and likes retail therapy!:rolleyes:

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just hold her back a few weeks Mike and we can spend a day catching a chub or two!

nottskev

Reaction score
Took swmbo into Canterbury today for some retail therapy. This would normally see me hurrying to the river rod in hand but this time of year doesn't allow such things so an ivestigative stroll along the banks with Polaroids on to see what the coming months have in store.

First time I've seen the river in a few weeks when it was swollen and high in colour, now back to its more regular state and although still pushing through it must be 90% clear. The heavy rains of recent months have certainly done a good job of flushing through debris and weed, as for the fish? I've never seen so many chub!

Perhaps the lousy conditions of this Winter just past will give us some glorious Summer fishing this year. The 16th is on a Saturday this year, will have to set the alarm for silly o clock.

The river looks great even through the centre of the city.
View attachment 4444

Wow. Another lovely pic. These Kentish estate lakes and rivers......do you have cleaners in in the morning to spruce up the banks, trim the grass and water the flowers? :)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's the only thing that interrupts the peace on the estate, the constant whirring of tractors, strimmers and chain saws, gardeners at it seven days a week.

Think of it as an army of Binkas.:eek:mg:

Last edited:

iain t

Reaction score
That looks like a pretty spot. For me, stillwaters just don't hit the spot in the closed season. OK am guaranteed to catch but the excitement of not knowing whats in the water is gone.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That looks like a pretty spot. For me, stillwaters just don't hit the spot in the closed season. OK am guaranteed to catch but the excitement of not knowing whats in the water is gone.

That's the River Stour.

jasonbean1

Reaction score
yes looks very nice with that ranunculus waving in the flow.

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Aye up .

Dont wish it on that quick that would mean i make 63 time goes quick enough as it is , I am quite happy for the 16-06-2018 to take a year or 2 to arrive ....

Got a new lady friend so dont want to RUSH time so to speak know what i mean like .....:wink-new:
PG ....

john step

Reaction score
I agree with dangler. No need to rush, it will get here soon enough. I still have to get enough spring tench, have a carping/camping trip, go for some bream(sorry Skippy) with just hoping the water will warm up soon to enable the aforementioned.