Scottish buying trip February 20-24th

Thomas Turner

Trade Member
Reaction score
With the success of the last Scottish valuation/ buying trip in early January I am heading north to Scotland on the dates above and can meet with more clients. On Monday 20th I will be travelling up the M6, through Lancashire, Cumbria, the Borders and into Perthshire, Scotland. I have calls in greater Glasgow booked for later that day and welcome more. I will be staying near Callendar in the Trossachs for 4 days. It’s our family holiday but I will meet with sellers when I am in the areas above.

Please get in touch if you are in the area or on the route and have any quality antique fishing tackle to sell. We can arrange a meet to suit both parties.

scot2-pic2-800x182.jpg

scot2-pic3-800x363.jpg

Reels by Hardy, Orvis, sage, Ari T Hart, Loop and other high-end makers wanted. The larger the collection the better, game coarse and sea fishing.

scot2-pic4.jpg

Rods, especially game fly fishing travel rods by Hardy, Thomas & Thomas, Orvis Farlow, Loop, Guideline and similar brands required. Split cane rods in best condition are always welcome, repaired and damaged items are not for us.

scot2-pic5-800x189.jpg

Traditional fully dressed salmon flies in wood cabinets and black japanned antique boxes wanted. Antique and modern accessories, again quality and condition are the key to help us buy. We pay on the day and take it away.

scot2-pic6-800x170.jpg

As always, we are interested in antique fishing reels and rods and accessories. Hardy Perfect, St George, Bougle, Uniqua, Silex, Princess, St Andrew, Altex and fine condition Marquis reels are needed. Antique brass and wood reels in fine condition can be good news. Aerials, boxed sets and curious models welcome.

scot2-pic7.jpg

Have a look through your tackle collection and give me call on 07548 871985 to discuss what you’re looking to sell. I will try to slot in a visit if you are on or near the route north or south, 20th to 24th.

Thanks, John.

The post Scottish buying trip February 20-24th appeared first on Thomas Turner Fishing Antiques.

Continue reading...