Seat box (AS1)

silvers

Reaction score
Hi paste Paul.

if you fancy a pole holder I’ve got one you can have for postage cost ... never used it. you’ll need a metal plate and handwheels for it as I don’t have those spare.

personally I’ve been an AS1 user since 1990 ... let’s Say they are built to last!

Paste paul

Reaction score
Hi paste Paul.

if you fancy a pole holder I’ve got one you can have for postage cost ... never used it. you’ll need a metal plate and handwheels for it as I don’t have those spare.

personally I’ve been an AS1 user since 1990 ... let’s Say they are built to last!
This is a kind offer thanks so much ?
I’ll pm you

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
No pole holder I’m afraid or footplate.....
It’s just about finished now and isn’t too bad !!

Bit of a daft question
When you use the strap for carrying it do you have to remove it to open the draws ?
I used to just let it hang down. I changed the original " car seatbelt," style strap for one from the makers of Octbox I think it cost me around £8.
You should have 2 metal plates on side of box with threaded holes to take pole holder.
Here's a tip for the holder, it's ok for about 5 or 6 sections of pole. Dont put butt of pole on it and have pole st full length.
I have a canal stool for the box if you are interested, when I sold mine the bloke didnt take it with him

Paste paul

Reaction score
I used to just let it hang down. I changed the original " car seatbelt," style strap for one from the makers of Octbox I think it cost me around £8.
You should have 2 metal plates on side of box with threaded holes to take pole holder.
Here's a tip for the holder, it's ok for about 5 or 6 sections of pole. Dont put butt of pole on it and have pole st full length.
I have a canal stool for the box if you are interested, when I sold mine the bloke didnt take it with him
Thanks for the offer Mark but I’ve actually dropped on a couple of weeks ago a guy wanted rid of his AS1 so I had a look...... it’s mint with a footplate....
It’s in browning colours and has front draws as well as side draws..... when I get a minute at home I’ll post some pics....
He only wanted £25 for it so I couldn’t refuse.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Thanks for the offer Mark but I’ve actually dropped on a couple of weeks ago a guy wanted rid of his AS1 so I had a look...... it’s mint with a footplate....
It’s in browning colours and has front draws as well as side draws..... when I get a minute at home I’ll post some pics....
He only wanted £25 for it so I couldn’t refuse.
Are his arms still in their sockets ,?
At that price you would have been daft to turn it down.
Do you mean a burgundy colour, ?

Paste paul

Reaction score
Are his arms still in their sockets ,?
At that price you would have been daft to turn it down.
Do you mean a burgundy colour, ?
Yes burgundy colour....... it’s really tidy even the hinges are still chrome !