Shelf Life?

nottskev

Reaction score
Yes, you could land just about anything on the 1.5lb and the 12oz was the go to line for winter fishing when bites were hard to get. I loved the 2.2lb RT, and it was just the right strength for float fishing between the 1.7 and 2.6 BP, although Bayer subsequently introduced their 2.1lb.
Force is still available in the heavier strains and I've bought 250yd spools of 3lb and 4lb for only a few quid and found it alright for whip rigs as it's quite thin, 0.13 and 0.15 respectively, and has the right amount of of stretch. Also OK for hooklengths when ledgering.

I can believe it's fine on whips - I just found it was a bit too unruly on the reel, unfortunately. I recall using RT .75lb for canal skimmers/bream on rod and line (Sigma Canal, fibreglass). Looking at the way people crash "silvers" (ouch) out on commercials these days, it's hard to convey what finesse actually means. Grumpy old man? Sure. Happy to accept the label.

Andydj

Reaction score
Force was a great line! You could use it with such confidence of getting everything out. Mind you, I tried it in higher strengths, and it was hopeless -above 2lb it got wiry and disobedient. I bought half a dozen spools of 1 and 1.5lb from North West Angling Centre years and years ago and used every last inch. I'd buy more if only I could. Another lovely, stretchy, greenish line of the day was Racine Tortue. I'd use that, too.
Racine Tortue with the turtle on the spool. I'd forgotten that! Happy days!

flightliner

Reaction score
I have three bulk spools of Damyll Courser in 2/3! and 4lb.
I purchased them in the early nineties for stick and feeder work and they are still as good as when first purchased.
I did try it in 8lb bs but its diameter seemed over thick in relation to what the weaker ones were in 2/3/ and 4lbs so It was put to one side.
I have some 3 or 4 refills left of the 2lb,after that it's back to the drawing board.
Oh hum. Decisions decisions??