Shimano hyperloop feeder

Regalis

Out of reach...
Reaction score
Anyone got any experience/ feedback using a hyperloop feeder rod?

Recently bought an acolyte feeder and an acolyte carp waggler but this morning was given a hyperloop feeder rod!

Have I ended up spending unnecessarily on the acolyte? The guy told me the hyperloop is an old rod but it in absolutely brand new condition in the cloth bag. (That too is immaculate). He said it was bought but never used.

mikench

Reaction score
I have no knowledge of the Hyperloop but Acolytes are brilliant rods . One cannot have too many rods!

nottskev

Reaction score
Early 90's Shimano rods were, least to most expensive, Hyperloop, Twin Power and Diaflash.
I've noticed that Hyperloops in good nick sell for decent prices, which makes me think that for some people Shimano's third tier rods of the day are preferable to the mass of affordable rods out there today. Which doesn't surprise me, given their quality at that time.

Bluenose

Reaction score
The old skool Shimano's are ace. The techniums are/were superb too. All told if you want something for all round feeder fishing, it'll be spot on.(If it has the glass tips then they're ace for chub fishing).

I have a 10ft acolyte plus, that's ace too, but it's used for a different job than the Shimano rods I have.

Regalis

Out of reach...
Reaction score
Not sure if i will need it or not having bought the acolyte. Might give it the local club to use as a prize for the junior Christmas match.

Bluenose

Reaction score
Not sure if i will need it or not having bought the acolyte. Might give it the local club to use as a prize for the junior Christmas match.
Which acolyte model is it?

I have a 10ft plus, it's a good method rod but I reckon the tips are kak for chub fishing, the shimmy glass tips are miles better imo.

Regalis

Out of reach...
Reaction score
Keep it for when the Acolyte breaks?
It better not break! The acolyte won't be used a lot. Most of my freshwater fishing is carp fishing large pits. I bought the acolytes for a handful of trips in the summer when I go with my cousin to a fishery for a catchup

Regalis

Out of reach...
Reaction score
Which acolyte model is it?

I have a 10ft plus, it's a good method rod but I reckon the tips are kak for chub fishing, the shimmy glass tips are miles better imo.
Same rod 10ft.

spenbeck

Reaction score
I have 2 hyperloops and love them. I love the long glass tips.

rob48

Reaction score
I've got a Hyperloop 10' Swing Tip rod. Excellent for bream on reservoirs and gravel pits. I'd keep the Hyperloop and give the Acolyte as a prize.
As stated above, Shimano rods of that era were in a class of their own.

nottskev

Reaction score
The next step up, the Twin Power range, was excellent too. I had a pole, a medium feeder and have a peach of a wand that's still not been equalled imo.

seth49

Reaction score
Ive a 14 ft Shimano Hyperloop float rod, which I use for trotting on the river for grayling etc.

I like this rod a lot for this, are these rods looked on in the same way as the others previously mentioned.

INearlyCaughtOne

Reaction score
I can only say, different rods for different situations. Over the summer I was using a 9ft Shakespeare and catching happily smaller fish. Now the weather has changed and bigger Carp seem to be around the 9ft has gone away and I am using a heavier Shakespeare 12 foot. Then again I might use my 10-foot match rod on Friday for a spot of float fishing but if I need the extra reach I will go over to the 12 foot. I find that every rod I have has its use so I would keep them all. It's easy to fall in love with a rod for months then suddenly find the other that was tucked away is even better. Every rod has its uses (apart from that thing I purchased as part of a kit...!)