Shimano Thunnus TU6000C14 Baitrunner a Reel?

lakhyaman

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience or opinion on the above reel?

This is an example.

Thanks

All the best

Lakhyaman

sam vimes

Reaction score
As far as I'm aware, the Thunnus Baitrunners have never been officially imported into the UK. However, that hasn't stopped some anglers buying them. They are essentially a Shimano D Baitrunner made with Ci4 rather than XT-7. This means that they are lighter than the equivalent D model. Like the D and OC reels, the Thunnus was primarily intended for sea fishing. The spools are deep, with a big line capacity, but they aren't long or wide diameter. They aren't intended for distance casting. The D and OC reels, usually in 4000 and 6000 sizes, are fairly popular with barbel anglers. A few have gone as far as importing the Thunnus. The carp fraternity seems to be a little less impressed, though I have heard of them being used on stalking set ups.

mikench

Reaction score
I have never heard of it. It looks like a reel for the US market which , if imported, would attract vat and împort duties.

Have a look at Waveinn, a company from Spain but, i believe, incorporated in Luxembourg. They are reliable and with keen prices.

doebel

Reaction score
Maybe a little late.......I have two thunnus ci4 4000 beside two oc 4000 reels. IMO much smoother and they use the Paladin gear / black almite coating.
Though the OC is value for money the thunnus is really admirable.
I use them for short medium range a 10lbs line for tench, barbel and big bream.
If you can get hold of them go for it, you won' t regret it